We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation

chicago,illinois
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
transportation

we are staying at the marriott,how far from downtown?is there bus service to and from? location marriott or ritz?

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,976 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation

You can take a public bus from the Marriott into George Town and be there in 10 minutes. There is bus service for your return trip, as well. Not sure what you are asking re: location but both are along Seven Mile Beach and are within walking distance to many restaurants.

Edited: 01 March 2012, 21:26
chicago,illinois
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation

thank you,that really helps,don't want to rent a car.re;location it doesn't matter wich one to at.

joe

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,125 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation

You should rent a car for 1 day to see the rest of the island. Do it on a day with no or the fewest cruise ships in port. Go see the Blow Holes and on out to Rum Point. Stop and have lunch or dinner at The Lighthouse restaurant on your way to or the way back from RP. It's one of our favorite restaurants.

I think there is an Andy's Car rental agency right across from the Marriott.

Edited: 01 March 2012, 22:30
Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,656 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation

You can also easily walk over to Camana Bay . . . just ask anyone at the Marriott -- they will be happy tell you how to get there and tell about places you might enjoy there and in other spots.

chicago,illinois
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transportation

thank you,rum point look's great.

joe

chicago,illinois
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transportation

thank you for the tip.i know once we get there we will explore.

joe

Katy, Texas
Level Contributor
31 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transportation

If you've never used it before, the bus system may be a bit different than you would normally expect. It's pretty easy to use. Here is guide that may help.

funtravelandfood.com/2011/11/getting-around-…

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: transportation

I will agree with others who say to rent a car, at least for a day to explore the island. It's so beautiful and very easy to get around. There is so much to see and do that you will miss without exploring on your own, in my opinion. There is a car rental place just across the street from the Marriott. The Marriott is closer to Georgetown than the Ritz. I believe you asked that as well.

chicago,illinois
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: transportation

thank you for the location update.ritz or marriott?

joe

chicago,illinois
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: transportation

thank you a great web-site you have there.would they take you to rum point?

joe