We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling

TX
Level Contributor
90 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling

We will be renting a boat during our stay. What places are the best spots for snorkeling? I know sting ray city, star fish spot ...maybe Rum point?

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,349 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling

http://snorkelblog.tumblr.com/

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
6,309 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling

Just a word of caution. At any given time, there can be a half dozen or more boats and 50-75 people in the water at the Sting Ray City sand bar. At the very least, you may want to time your visit for when there are fewer people there.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
5,538 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling

I could not imagine driving a boat around the north sound as there are so many shallow spots where you could get in real trouble. For example we were on a modest sized boat last time out of Kaibo. You can see everyone at Stingray city so it would seem logical to zip straight out there but the captain went way around the outside as he said there were many shallow spots and coral heads he had to avoid.

B.

TX
Level Contributor
90 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling

Thank you, I have checked the cruise ship schedule and am planning accordingly.

5. Re: Snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2013, 20:17