We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

retreat at rum point or turtles nest inn

georgia
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
retreat at rum point or turtles nest inn

We are looking for a laid back place with great snorkeling and a kitchen. Do you think we would be better off at retreat at rum point or turtles nest inn??? We will have a car. But do really want good onsite walkable snorkeling. Thanks in advance for any help. also if you have somewhere else to suggest please feel free to do so.

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: retreat at rum point or turtles nest inn

Rum Point.

Check out testudos snorkel guide:

http://snorkelblog.tumblr.com/

Tennessee
Level Contributor
581 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: retreat at rum point or turtles nest inn

Both are awesome. I never stayed at TNI but know alot of divers who have and loved it. We have stayed at the Retreat and loved it. Both are laid back, both have kitchens, both have good snorkeling. One is on north and one is on south though. To me thats important, especially with when you go.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
213 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: retreat at rum point or turtles nest inn

We stay at TNI when we go, but I'd say that beach up at Rum Point (club) is nicer. TNI has lots of turtle grass, but good snorkeling very close to shore. Rum Point is a much further swim to get to the really primo spots, but they are amazing. There's still snorkeling to be done closer to shore at Rum Point, though. I can't speak to the water conditions in the cooler months as we've only stayed during summer...

We like TNI because the location is midway between Rum Point and SMB.

I hope that was at least a little bit helpful!

4. Re: retreat at rum point or turtles nest inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2013, 09:16