We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

50 days to go and overwhelmed and unprepared........Yikes!!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
348 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
50 days to go and overwhelmed and unprepared........Yikes!!

Oh my, the kids just informed me today that we have 50 days until we leave for our Christmas/New Years in Grand Cayman and the panic has set in.

We have lodging, flights and rental car booked , but other than that feeling very unprepared.

Used to travelling to all-inclusive or Disney parks so this trip is out of my element and don't feel like i am prepared.

We have 1 suggestions for New Years eve - Kaibo and 2 suggestions for Christmas brunch - Luca or ??? Will have to go back and look at the other name.

Did see a post that Southcoast Bar & Grill does offer a Christmas Dinner, but was liking the brunch idea and then spending the remainder of the day with my toes in the sand and a drink in hand.

We do know we want to check out the Stingrays and the botanical gardens, but i am assuming we don't have to pre-book those - am i wrong with this?? Have also looked a little at doing a resort dive with the kids.......

Have printed off a snorkeling guide and made note of where the grocery stores are located. Guess i now need to weed thru all the threads and find restaurant recommendations.

Am i forgetting something?? Should i be more prepared??

I am using www.caymanislands.ky and www.caymangoodtaste.com are there other good places i should be looking at?

Sylvan Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 50 days to go and overwhelmed and unprepared........Yikes!!

Location of where your lodging is at?...

Should probably consider some type of transport to your destination...

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
555 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 50 days to go and overwhelmed and unprepared........Yikes!!

Luanne, I know how you feel. We just recently moved up our December trip to November, so I've been feeling a little overwhelmed and unprepared myself!

We too have booked air, condo and car rental. Also booked our Stingray Sandbar excursion since we didn't want to chance not being able to go with the tour company we honed in on and on a day they recommended (based on cruise ship schedules, etc.) Obviously if weather doesn't cooperate, we will have to be flexible on rescheduling. But at least it's booked for now.

Other than that and making some dinner reservations, not much else planned! And since this is our first visit too, I have no clue as to how prepared or unprepared we are!!!

Other than the websites you've listed, I have found this forum, its search function and Google to be my best friends at the moment! Wish you the best in your planning.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
348 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 50 days to go and overwhelmed and unprepared........Yikes!!

We are staying on the North side.

We have transportation covered.

What tour provider did you use Chloe??

Edited: 03 November 2012, 00:25
Sylvan Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 50 days to go and overwhelmed and unprepared........Yikes!!

Location of where your lodging is at?...

Should probably consider some type of transport to your destination...

Oop's. Sorry! Should have read more closely first time!

Other than that....enjoy/relax!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
348 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 50 days to go and overwhelmed and unprepared........Yikes!!

No worries 042612h............

Do you live in Sylvan Lake??? If so i'm about an hour from you :)

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
555 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 50 days to go and overwhelmed and unprepared........Yikes!!

Haven't used them yet, but we decided on Stingray Sailing. There seems to be many good Stingray City/Sandbar tour operators in GC. But I think what ultimately sold us on Stingray Sailing was Michelle's and Chip's (the owners) responsiveness and helpfulness (via phone and emails) with questions about their tour and even with other things about the island, etc. (The TA reviews just helped to solidify the decision.)

Hopefully it'll meet our expectations...let you know.

Sylvan Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 50 days to go and overwhelmed and unprepared........Yikes!!

You bet ;) 100 miles away...!

Don't forget your photography gear. The Camanians go all out decorating for the season.

Have fun!

Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 50 days to go and overwhelmed and unprepared........Yikes!!

Since you are staying in the Old Man Bay area, I suggest you look at the Ocean Frontiers Dawn Stingray snorkeling trip. NorthSideSue has gone on it a couple of times (the last time with her grand kids) and raves about it. Since OF only goes out on Fridays, you might want to book early/ahead if this option appeals to you:

oceanfrontiers.com/what-to-see/stingray-city…

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
5,249 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 50 days to go and overwhelmed and unprepared........Yikes!!

The Ocean Frontiers trip goes out of Kaibo also so you won't have to do much driving.

B.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
348 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 50 days to go and overwhelmed and unprepared........Yikes!!

Thanks Annie..........

Will give them a call next week and see if we can book something with them.