We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need more help with restaurant recommendations

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
555 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Need more help with restaurant recommendations

Hi again,

Will be in GC in 10 days! :) And still trying to figure out a couple details mainly re: restaurant choices.

We were thinking of Macabuca for lunch after the Turtle Farm on a Saturday. But now considering Calypso Grill for lunch.

We currently have reservations for CG for dinner one night but thinking that if we go there for lunch, that would open up another night to try out Morgan's Harbour, Osentra Bay or may even consider the Kaibo Beach BBQ (via water taxi) on Tuesday.

Here's what we have planned for now:

Arrival Day: dinner @ condo (order in or cook)

Day 2: lunch @ condo, dinner @ Periwinkles

Day 3: (first day with rental car) lunch @ condo or ?, dinner @ Grand Old House (Thanksgiving)

Day 4: lunch @ condo, dinner @ Ortanique

Day 5: lunch @ Macabuca or Calypso Grill (after Turtle Farm), dinner @ Ritz Beach BBQ

Day 6: brunch @ Luca, dinner @ condo

Day 7: (day to explore Rum Point, etc.) lunch @ the Wreck Bar or Kaibo, dinner @ Pappagallo's

Day 8: lunch @ condo or ?, dinner @ Calypso Grill (or Morgan's Harbour, Osentra Bay, Hemingways or Kaibo Beach BBQ)

Day 9: lunch @ condo or ?, dinner @ Casanova's (last night)

So, I guess it's really Day 8 for dinner we need the most help/opinions on. Making Day 8 a babysitter night/couples only dinner is under consideration too. Although a family night at the Kaibo Beach BBQ sounds like a lot of fun too!

We plan on breakfasts & most lunches @ the condo, although we hope to make it to Sunshine Grill, Duke's and/or My Bar, etc. for lunch if possible. We also would like a couple dinners "at home".

Any and all opinions appreciated! Again, we are a family with two young kids (8 and 2), if that helps. And, yes, we enjoy a delicious meal. However, a memorable setting/atmosphere (and where the kids would be comfortable) is probably more of a priority.

Also, having said that, are there any special seating or table requests for any of the restaurants mentioned?

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
Level Contributor
4,153 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Need more help with restaurant recommendations

You didn't say where you are staying, but in addition to the Fine Dine-in, I know that Tim-Buc-Tuu does delivery in West Bay. They have a pretty neat mix of foods. http://timbuctuu.com/

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
348 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Need more help with restaurant recommendations

I've made my list of suggested places on here and their location and that is as far as I've gone with our plans. We did of course make reservations for Christmas day, the rest we will play by ear and depending how our days transpire and how everyones feeling will depend on where we end up.

I wanted flexibility to change up our days and not let restaurant reservations dictate our days. If we need to eat at our condo as things dont go as expected that's okay to as it's vacation and rest and enjoy is priority.

Enjoy your trip and relax!!!

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,660 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Need more help with restaurant recommendations

when We travel I like to make a list of the possible things I might want to do or places I want to eat...and then each day, we see what we feel like, and choose from the list...rather then making a do or die itinerary. You've got a fine list of possibilities.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,863 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Need more help with restaurant recommendations

The OP has frequently noted that they will be staying at The Coral Stone Club.

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for East End, Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
904 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Need more help with restaurant recommendations

After spending a week in GC this past February with the 8, 6 and 3 year old grandchildren, I can say without hesitation that the youngest kid will be in charge of the itinerary, not you. :)

Edited: 12 November 2012, 13:42
Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,863 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Need more help with restaurant recommendations

I get tired just reading your plans, I couldn't imaging following them. Besides, who can eat that much?

Agree with the others, have a short list of places to go and things to do then follow your mood and energy level. I would think that for the kids, it would be more about water play and sandcastles, and less about changing clothes to go out to eat in restaurants.

If you miss something, you can hope to do it on your next trip.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
555 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Need more help with restaurant recommendations

As much as I was hoping to get restaurant advice by posting this thread originally, I'm actually very grateful for the honest feedback to relax and not worry so much about the itinereary. God knows my husband appreciates it! :) And I'm certain the kids will too.

You all are absolutely right. And, I promise to do my best to make this vacation what it was intended for....rest, relaxation and just about pure bonding time with the family!

P.S. Kiddos, you're right. We never eat that much when we're 'home'....so true that probably won't change much while on vacation! :)

18. Re: Need more help with restaurant recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2013, 10:17