We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sting ray City

Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Sting ray City

My husband is concerned about our going to Sting Ray city with grandaughter age 7 and her parents and we grandparents (70's) His concern is getting stung by stingrays. Any info ? Everything I read seem to say itis safe.

Grand Cayman...
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
654 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sting ray City

The stingrays are very used to being around people. The Department of the Environment licenses the watersports operators that take tourists there, and the DoE has good rules for the safety of stingrays and people which the operators follow and pass on to their guests. So provided neither you nor anybody near you does anything drastic to really distress a stingray it is quite safe - hundreds of people go there just about every weekday.

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,385 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sting ray City

I took my 3 grandsons to SRC in July. No problems whatsoever. Ages 12, 10 and 8.

kansas
Level Contributor
176 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sting ray City

We were in Grand Cayman in November and went to Sting Ray city with Dexter's tours. Had such a great time that we went again on the back end of our trip. Dexter is really good about making sure everyone is having a good time whether they go in the water or not. There were some that were afraid of the rays but still ventured out since Simon, Dexters partner knew the rays really well. If you just stand and not jump around everything will be fine. These rays are very people oriented.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
348 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sting ray City

We are going out with Dexter tomorrow so glad to hear a good review as we may be a cautious bunch after my hubbies incident.

5. Re: Sting ray City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 23:17
Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman