We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming back!

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Coming back!

Due to a variety of circumstances we have not been to our beloved GC for a few years. Happily, it looks like my husband & I might be able to make a LONG overdue return trip for a week mid March! Have been reading posts to simply "catch up" on changes to expect and new restaurants to try. We always stay in central SMB, always have Casanova, Ragazzi, Eduardo's, on our dinner list and are looking forward to hearing about best new places we ought consider.

Thanks so much for any suggestions and a big hello to those "TA friends" from the past:-)

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,419 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming back!

Good to know you are able to return! Have a wonderful time. We are headed down this coming Sunday.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,993 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming back!

How wonderful that you are back and can go back. You will be amazed at all the great new restaurants (as if there weren't enough already)!!!! Casanova's is still wonderful . . . sometimes now they put tables on beach (we did it the previous year at Christmas) and it was delightful. Morgan's Harbour has really hit the top of my list as well as Luca, but there are many more. Wait until you see the size of Watercolours!! Cannot wait to hear your impressions upon returning.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,183 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming back!

Welcome Back, B

Oceanside, New York
Level Contributor
86 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coming back!

We just got back from a week's vacation there. Had a great time. I would recommend having dinner at the Royal Palms. The restaurant is open air, adjacent to beach, nice views and the food is really good although a bit pricey. If not dinner then just go for drinks.

Sylvan Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coming back!

Great!! You all must be excited! A week on the island should recharge you..Enjoy!

(We'll be back on the third...can't wait!....)

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coming back!

How could have forgotten to mention Luca!!! Too many awesome dining spots to chose from during just a one week stay! Yes, last time we were there Casanova had started putting tables on the beach. We are thrilled to be returning and hoping for the month of March typically great weather :-)

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,966 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coming back!

If it's been a while you will be blown away by all the great new places that have sprung up! Camana Bay has some really nice restaurants and shouldn't be too far away from where you are staying. Agua is a really nice new dining experience, too. There are many others.

http://www.caymangoodtaste.com/ is my friend. ;)

Edited: 22 January 2013, 19:02
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
555 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coming back!

Welcome back lovecayman! I've read several of your helpful past posts (while searching the forum for answers on where to stay, what to do, etc. prior to our first visit last Nov.) and just want to say thank you! Very much appreciate the help you've provided to newbies like me. :)

So glad to see you back!

Edited: 22 January 2013, 19:16
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coming back!

Thanks to all of you! WE ARE BOOKED and good to go:-) Hopefully updated after being there, can again confidently offer recommendations/advice! From 1996-2010 made many trips to GC (even one just 6 months post Ivan when few visited and with destruction still very evident...BTW, one of our favorite GC tenures) but family issues, daughter moving to CA and then being married in CA, etc. etc. etc. simply could not fit GC into our schedules. Last time there as I recall was Pirate's Week 2010; Camana Bay had opened, but was pretty quiet, Beach Club Colony set to close for demolition. Not so sure how we will view highrise condo replacement of the funky BCC, yet totally understand the economic reasoning! NO QUESTION Grand Cayman remains unique as THE BEST island vacation destination on the Caribbean...like with everything in life, one must pay for quality!

Any Warm Dive Site
Level Contributor
86 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coming back!

Makes me jealous!

We've been away for way too long, also. There always seems to be another island that calls us. We end up booking a new place for our yearly vacations and I end up longing just to be on Grand Cayman and to see our old friends there. Next year, for sure!

NWD

Hey, Hi NorthSideSue!