We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Da Fish Shack

Grosse Pointe
Level Contributor
50 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Da Fish Shack

Has anybody been there? Any info would be appreciated.

1. Re: Da Fish Shack

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 00:37
Grosse Pointe
Level Contributor
50 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Da Fish Shack

Exactly the sort of information I needed. Thank you.

3. Re: Da Fish Shack

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 February 2013, 15:09
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
6,702 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Da Fish Shack

"I went at lunch and it took forever to get the food and then to get the bill."

I believe it's called, "island time." Personally, I prefer it when dinner takes 2-3 hours and when (booze aside) my party is left alone. Just relax and enjoy the experience.

5. Re: Da Fish Shack

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
6,702 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Da Fish Shack

I've lived in West Bay on and off for most of my life. If I have somewhere to go, I usually explain that to the server in advance. It's called "being proactive" and (as a former waiter/bartender) most servers appreciate the heads up.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,267 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Da Fish Shack

I ended up going 3 times when I was on Grand Cayman last week; once for lunch on Sunday, once for dinner and then again for dinner on the Sunday before I left. Never had slow service, but 2 out of 3 times, I sat at the bar.

The fish and chips were so great, I had them every time - and the other guests at my hotel who went based on my recos agreed.

The only negative comment I can think of - the same young man greeted me the first 2 times - and both times - maybe without meaning to do it, he went out of his way to make me feel like a 2nd class citizen for being alone. The first time, he actually told me I should eat at the bar since I was alone! Normally, I would have had some choice words for him, and would have immediately left, but it was suddenly raining and the tables weren't as covered as the bar area. Plus, I was on my way back from Eden Rock and was slightly grungy looking in a damp sundress, scraggly post- snorkel pony tail and likely mask marks on my face. And, I got to meet the adorable bartender - Corrie.

The owner knows he is still ironing out the kinks. It's only a month old and it normally takes a restaurant a few months to work out the issues. I expect this place will be excellent by the time the season really picks up.

Great mix of locals and tourists already. The other places along this stretch seem to be very busy when the ships are in then quiet to dead at night- Da Fish Shack was always pretty busy.

suitcaseready.com

8. Re: Da Fish Shack

Williamsport...
Level Contributor
417 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Da Fish Shack

where is this located?

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,761 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Da Fish Shack

IIRC, just before La Dolce Vita when coming from George Town towards SMB, waterfront side.

Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman