We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is ezshop.­ky still in business or another grocery service?

Fort Lauderdale...
4 posts
Save Topic
Is ezshop.­ky still in business or another grocery service?

I was wondering if ezshop.­ky was still in business on Grand Cayman? We are going in July, staying at Coral Stone and we arrive on a Sunday. I wanted to have groceries delivered since it is my understanding that all of the supermarkets are closed on Sundays, and I don't want to lose vacation time at the grocery store on Monday (plus I really need my coffee right when I get up in the morning). When I checked their web site a month ago, they had a very large selection of products. But the past few days, the web site no longer loads. I checked out Cayman Shoppers as well, but they seem to only have a handful of products available on their web site. I also saw a company called BKM Limited, but they have no information on their web site, and curiously they claim to have grocery shopping services, but they have an ad for ezshop.ky.

Any recommendations of a service with a good selection or are there any grocery stores open at all on the island on a Sunday?

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is ezshop.­ky still in business or another grocery service?

I've used Caymanshoppers a few times when staying at CoralStone Club. You can email a list of exactly what you want and they will get it if it's available. I have used BK limited also and while they did a good service, for me the delivery pricing was too high(I paid double for the same list of items that I gave caymanshoppers who has a flat fee whereas BKL charged more if the item count went over a certain #).

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
555 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is ezshop.­ky still in business or another grocery service?

Like filter, we used Caymanshoppers for our stay at Coral Stone Club and were very satisfied with their service overall. We also sent them our own 'customized' grocery list (even requested specific brands) and they were able to get everything as listed except for 1 item (only because the grocery store didn't carry that particular item, but they did get the closest substitute for us).

As another option, you may also ask Corina or Valerie at CSC to pick up a some items for you. Before our visit, I had inquired about certain supplies in our unit (condiments, spices, etc.) and Corina offered to pick up any grocery items we may need. (Depending on what you request, they may or may not charge a fee).

However, since we had a pretty extensive list (traveled with kids), we opted just to use Cayman Shoppers.

Fort Lauderdale...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is ezshop.­ky still in business or another grocery service?

Thanks to both of you. That helps a lot. We're going with two kids ourselves, so I might go the same route you did.

By the way, how did you like Coral Stone Club? It's our first time staying there, and I'm hoping I made a good choice.

Edited: 26 February 2013, 02:41
NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is ezshop.­ky still in business or another grocery service?

I highly recommend Coral Stone Club. We've found the units are as shown online and staff has always been friendly and hard working. The location is ideal and because of the way the property is laid out, you will have ample beach and pool space no matter how filled the property is when you visit.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
555 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is ezshop.­ky still in business or another grocery service?

Agree with everything filter said. You made a great choice with the CSC....fantastic property, especially for families. We visited last November and wrote a review. (Feel free to read it if you'd like by clicking on my username).

Valerie and Corina, who manage the property, are especially accommodating. Loved the central location and the large, beachfront pool (perfect for the kids, too, with the zero entry). And yes, the beach is stunning. Although we decided to stay somewhere else for our next visit (also this summer), we plan to return to CSC in the future and would definitely recommend it.

Feel free to post or pm me if you have any questions. Enjoy your trip!

Edited: 26 February 2013, 03:44
Fort Lauderdale...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Is ezshop.­ky still in business or another grocery service?

Thanks, it's good to hear we picked the right place! Was there anything Pre-stocked / included in your condo rental, like coffee filters, or napkins and paper towels, or did you need to include that in your shopping lists?

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is ezshop.­ky still in business or another grocery service?

Every condo has been different in what we find inside. Last time the unit had an ample supply of suntan lotion out plus aloe! I've never had to buy paper handtowels. I have bought napkins. We didn't use the coffee maker so can't comment there other than thinking that we received a welcome basket with that type of item. No need for trashbags either. I usually bring from home some baggies and try to remember rubber bands or clips to use on open items. I find it easier to bring from home sugar packets, tea bags and other things that I only need a small amount of instead of purchasing a full box. I'm also the person who would rather pack up sunscreen and bring it with me than purchase it there. The other thing worth noting is that IF there's something you really wanted and it's not in the condo, you can just pick it up at the grocery store. And when you leave. if it's something that you don't want to bring back home or realize it'd be wasteful to toss out, just have it stacked neatly for housekeeping or next guest.

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is ezshop.­ky still in business or another grocery service?

We are going to CSC next month for the first time with our two young children, any tips? Thanks!! :)

9. Re: Is ezshop.­ky still in business or another grocery service?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman