We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkel Tour

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
253 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkel Tour

We are looking for a "fun" snorkel tour that does NOT go to stingray city. We will have a car so we can travel...

Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkel Tour

Ocean Frontiers (East End) offers a really good snorkeling tour:

oceanfrontiers.com/snorkel-boat-trips/coral-…

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
213 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkel Tour

MidwestAnnie, do you feel this tour would be worthwhile for visitors who usually snorkel the the west, south, and north sides of the island? Is the change in scenery/life worth it?

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,474 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkel Tour

Not MWA, but the OF East End tour was one of the best snorkel tours I have been on. Maybe the Tobago Cays and the private tour on Roatan the only better ones.

Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkel Tour

In all honesty, i have yet to do this tour (it is on my agenda for my November trip to the island). However, I have read multiple TA posts and reviews that suggest that the tour (via a boat) is a different experience that shore-based snorkeling and excursions that are included in most Sting Ray sandbar trips.

You can get more info about this from the Ocean Frontiers (which, IMHO is a very classy organization) website:

oceanfrontiers.com/snorkel-boat-trips.html

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,837 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkel Tour

Based on my personal experience, I can say that the Ocean Frontiers snorkel trip was very " worth it " to us. We went to 3 stops, saw phenominal coral and sea life, and were with an incredibly attentive and caring guide. We often snorkel from shore at various sites all over the island but enjoy a boat trip once in a while just for the fun of it. We also look forward to being on East End and lunch at the Lighthouse. There is no way that anyone would knoew if it would be " worth it " to you, however.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
213 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkel Tour

Wow, sounds really great. Knowing you three and your experience, if you found it was worthwhile, the three of us would more than likely find it worthwhile, too. I suspect we'll be scheduling this one. Thanks (and sorry if I just threadjacked you, Off2GCM)!

7. Re: Snorkel Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman