We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cuban Cigar

Midland, Michigan
Level Contributor
201 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Cuban Cigar

Anyone tell me where a cigar shop or street that sell real cuban cigar?

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,639 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cuban Cigar

Here was an answer from last year on the topic:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147367-i321-k5338…

Hope this helps!

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cuban Cigar

I followed the link above and it looks like Casa del Habano is the place you want to stop by.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
7,972 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cuban Cigar

It's certainly helping me to get excited about enjoying a MC#2! I haven't smoked a good cigar in nearly a year. Thankfully, this tragic story will end with a good torpedo in one hand while swinging in a hammock in Barkers.

Midland, Michigan
Level Contributor
201 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cuban Cigar

Thank for quick response! The link above is very helpful. I am very tempting to try MC#2! I did tried Cohiba and it was not bad. How much does it cost to by a box of MC#2?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cuban Cigar

Price can vary at random it seems, probably due to supply and demand. I've paid as low as $250 but sometimes quite a bit more. I usually smoke at Cohiba Lounge, the one next to Gino's Pizzeria and Blue Cilantro

Mentioned in this post
Blue Cilantro
Blue Cilantro
641 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
312 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cuban Cigar

Cuban Cigars had a 5 or 10% price rise about a month ago. Casa del Habano still has the best selection and orders stock from the regional supplier often. And Saj has been smoking something... As he usually has his cigars in The Havana Club Regency. which is between Gino's and Blue Cilantro :-)

Mentioned in this post
Blue Cilantro
Blue Cilantro
641 Reviews
Grand Cayman
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cuban Cigar

Hahaha I can't believe I did that... Papermans is correct of course, it is Havana Club. I must have been reminiscing of the glory days of cohiba lounge and got distracted. How I miss that place, and the lack of karaoke!

Mentioned in this post
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
7,972 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cuban Cigar

Why not try at least one or two different cigars before buying a box? Or better yet, try a few and then buy a fistful of each of a half dozen different kinds to help you decide what you might like next time. Cigar preference is very much a personal choice.

For the record, there is nothing marginal about a real Esplendido. While it might have been the only cigar Castro smoked, I'd liken it's flavour to that of blood sausage. Super rich and absolutely scrumptious but not something most people can eat a second helping of and definitely not for the inexperienced smoker. That's why I prefer a Robusto over an Esplendido but even then it's not the right cigar for every occasion. The MC2 on the other hand......

Wait! Cigars and karaoke?!

Edited: 01 May 2013, 20:42
Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
312 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cuban Cigar

Prices and such. Maybe two years ago in Havana I bought 5 boxes of the Robusto Sample box for gifts. They were about $35-40 CUC at La Casa or about $8CUC (CUC is roughly the value of a USD, but you get charged a premium if you are changing USD) per cigar. About what you pay in Havana per cigar, maybe a few CUC extra for the nice box.

There is a 102% import duty on tobacco coming to Cayman, so i was not unusual to see the same little 5 cigar gift pack sold here for $100CI. As I was bringing in only 25 cigars... the boxes were duty free.

Take them to Canada (direct, no duty) and hand them out to some friends who I had not seen in a while.

So I am walking in Vancouver and I stop into La Casa Del Habano downtown. Same box... $245 CAD plus HST!!!

Even with the recent price increase, ( that sample box in Havana is now $75CUC) buying cigars here represents amazing value.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cuban Cigar

Yup, karaoke. I've been in Havana Club a few times when people have been belting out some tunes, definitely not my vibe when smoking

Mentioned in this post