We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stingray city and seven mile beach ?'s

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
152 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
stingray city and seven mile beach ?'s

coming in on a cruise in September, would really like to see the stingrays! I think It would be a good excursion for our group of 8 that ranges from ages 10-60! SO my question is what is the best way to go about this? do you need to book a tour ahead of time, and if so, what are some good tours to book through? Or can we just taxi to the location and hop a boat to stingray city? are there boats available to just take people out or do we need to have this booked? we would also like to visit seven mile beach and do some souveneir shopping while we are on the island. Am I correct that seven mile beach has restaraunts/ shops within walking distance of the beach? I think we will have about 6-8 hours on the island. how long does the stingray excursion usually last? oh and last question, how far are the stingrays from the cruise pier and how far is seven mile beach from the pier? thanks in advance!!

Level Contributor
902 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: stingray city and seven mile beach ?'s

It's been several years since we were there on a cruise, but we just got off the ship and there was a tour information desk and they set us up to go to stingray city. We really lucked out when we got an old gentleman that said he was one of the guys that discovered it. Our family of 5 ended up with another family of 4 instead of 50 or 100. He played the guitar, sang to us and even let my husband drive on the way back! All for quite a bit less than the cruise ship!

Grand Cayman...
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
671 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: stingray city and seven mile beach ?'s

5cheers is referring to Captain Crosby

I would recommend you make a reservation to avoid disappointment.

Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
7,541 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: stingray city and seven mile beach ?'s

See Top Question on the right for extensive discussion of your excursion options.

"Where to find Shore Excursion Information & Recommendations for Cruise Ship Visitors?"

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
4. Re: stingray city and seven mile beach ?'s

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2014, 06:18