We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The choice is yours...

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
The choice is yours...

We are staying at Grand View....arrival on Thursday afternoon and depart on Monday around 5pm. We've booked the sunset cruise on Friday, Saturday we are doing the 3 hr afternoon excursion with Captian Marvin.....we're "open" Friday day, Sunday day and most of the day on Monday between checkout and our flight (2.5-3 hrs max).

What excursions would you choose if you we're wanting to fill the gaps.

Just trying to get personal opinions from those here....

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
5,942 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The choice is yours...

Lay on the beach and relax.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The choice is yours...

Great one Smushie! Lol I def plan to do tons of that too.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
Level Contributor
4,147 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The choice is yours...

I would choose a self-made excursion - get a cooler, the beverage of your choice, snacks of your choice, some beach chairs, beach towels, and head for Cemetery Beach. Set up, sit, read books, swim, snorkel and feel the world go by without a care. :)

(Based some of your other posts you have made, this may not suit you, but you DID ask for "personal opinions" and I like to spend at least some of my time relaxing).

OK, so more "active" things:

Do a tour around the island - see the question to the right "Any Good Self Driving Tour Advice?" (I assume you will have a car). That can be very entertaining, and has some decent beaches, shopping, history, and restaurants.

Do a Kayak tour in the mangroves.

Head for Calico Jack's late afternoon and enjoy a drink and people-watching with your toes in the sand.

Shore snorkelling - lots to see and do there. Testudo has a great guide to the best shore spots for this.

Head to anywhere on Seven Mile Beach and enjoy the sunset.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The choice is yours...

These are great! Thanks....I was thinking cemetery beach would be fun....

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, Seven Mile Beach
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The choice is yours...

An early morning beach walk from the Grand View to the Ritz and back! We were out this morning and it was so quiet, breezy and beautiful. Just a small, tricky little corner for you to navigate by Treasure Island but then you are wide open for miles of beautiful beach.

Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The choice is yours...

Am I remembering correctly that you do not plan on renting a car?

If not, one great way to visit other places on the island is via Cayman Safari:

http://www.caymansafari.com/

They receive great reviews and you could have a nice, relaxing excursion to the eastern districts.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The choice is yours...

Another great option thanks Annie

8. Re: The choice is yours...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2014, 06:16