My SO and I are planning an 8 day trip for end of July to the Caribbean (or possibly Mexico if it turns out to be more of what we are looking for) and really need advice. There are so many islands and resorts to choose from and they are so different; it is all a little overwhelming.
We are young (27-30 yrs) and looking for the following:
- a resort of some sort (spa, casino, golf, whatever), potentially all inclusive, and with a swim up bar (I love a nice swim up bar;)
- easily accessible destination from the US
- beautiful beaches (think white, thin sand, clear turquoise water..)
- safe destination -- we would like to be able to wander outside of our resort without having to worry
- lots of activities -- like jet skiing, tennis/volleyball/fitness classes, catamaran sailing, hiking or cycling along trails, and things to do/see like excursions to see stingrays, whales and dolphins, any exotic animals or interesting cities, ... We don't need a huge city, but some nightlife like nice restaurants and lively bars would be perfect.
We are looking to be have both options to sloth around on the beach for 2 full days if we feel like it, but also jam pack our days with sports activities and exotic things to do and see.
Just 2 notes:
- we are not divers and may really just try snorkelling once or twice, so no absolutes on that activity.
- we don't insist on an adult-only resort, but would really prefer a non-family oriented resort aka as few children running around as possible.
Would our requests limit us to Club Meds? We are also looking into Apple vacations.
As mentioned above, any advice at all would be extremely helpful :)