We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snorkel trip

chicago
Level Contributor
8,259 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
snorkel trip

Is there a trip that stops at stingray city and the sand bar? Would love another stop to see fish.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, Seven Mile Beach
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: snorkel trip

Stingray City is actually a dive site and Stingray Sand Bar is the popular site visited by most to spend time with the Stingrays. Most of the trips to the Sand Bar (often called Stingray City) will also include one or two other snorkeling stops along the Reef.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,259 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: snorkel trip

Considering booking with tours cayman since they do 4 stops, any other tours that do more stops?

Edited: 23 May 2013, 13:17
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
5,724 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: snorkel trip

Nearly every tour operator offers half-day and full-day snorkel tours with or without lunch. My preference when I have family visiting is Bayside Watersports in Morgan's Harbour but all are great. If you want more stops and more time at each stop then I would suggest inquiring about full-day trips.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,259 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: snorkel trip

thanks, i sent them an email

most of what i have been finding are the super quick cruise ship focused snorkel trips, i kind of like that tours cayman does cruise ship trips in am and everyone else in the afternoon

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,313 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: snorkel trip

Many of them work that way. There are a few places where you can do an all day charter but they cost a lot of money really especially when you can find some great snorkeling right from the shore.

Pelham
Level Contributor
136 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: snorkel trip

Loved, loved, ToursCayman. We did the four stop snorkel trip. I can't say enough good about them.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,259 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: snorkel trip

Thanks Michelle I booked with them

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: snorkel trip

I checked out Tours Cayman's webpage out of curiosity, as we enjoy trying a new experience when we are in Cayman. One of their pictures shows their patrons merrily holding the poor starfish out of the water, held up over their heads. That picture is enough to convince me that we will not be patronizing that operation.

Edited: 27 May 2013, 22:34
chicago
Level Contributor
8,259 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: snorkel trip

Well you are ok with touching and holding the rays just not the starfish?

Edited: 28 May 2013, 00:23
Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,422 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: snorkel trip

It is the taking out of the water part I'd surmise kiddos and many others, myself included, find offensive.

Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman