We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport arrival time

chicago
Level Contributor
8,504 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
airport arrival time

what time should i arrive, ill already be checked in and have boarding pass and i do not have any bags to check, flight is on a thursday at 12:30pm

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,622 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport arrival time

On a Thursday, 90 minutes will be more than sufficient. We usually depart midweek vs weekend but allow that amount of time with no problems whatsoever.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,744 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport arrival time

I know lovecayman's answer is correct, however, for something as important and regulated as airport times you should be checking with your carrier and not on an online forum. The truth is that you really have no idea about who is answering your question. They could be someone who likes to live on the edge and take risks or someone who needs to give themselves hours of extra time. When it is a "must" do regulation, you would really be better off checking the authorities who make the rules. We are all just giving our opinions and you sometimes need facts. LC I mean you absolutely no disrespect -- I would give the same answer, however my other half would say at least 2 hours if not more for international.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,504 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport arrival time

ive traveled tons so im fine with just making it, 90 minutes sounds good, for my departure in chicago ill be arriving 45-60 before flight departs

the airlines say 3 hours

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,824 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport arrival time

msmejkal

You must like living on the edge, or have status that allows you to get thru the lines quickly. I fly through Ohare and always get there for our flights close to 2 hours in advance. But I like waiting and reading rather than being nervous about getting to the plane on time.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,504 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport arrival time

no, no status, but i check in online and print boarding pass at home and dont check bags, so i just have to go through security and i love arriving just as plane is boarding : )

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,824 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airport arrival time

My daughter was in a 45 minute security line at Ohare a few months ago.

Checking bags is fast now that they have kiosks.

Have a good trip

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,622 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airport arrival time

That's how we travel too. We frequently fly in and out of SFO and there definitely allow more time than 90 minutes, even though it's for domestic vs international travel due to numbers of flights/passengers going thru security. For Logan in Boston, Virgin American is a breeze as they have their own separate security check in, but for other airlines we also allow more than 90 minutes during busy hours.. Wow, I would be nervous allowing less than an hour departing from O'Hare!!!

For GCM midweek departures we allow 90 minutes and have always found ourselves twiddling our fingers in the congested departure area on those hard chairs for an hour. One plus for our wait last March was the "expansion" of seating created adjacent to the snack bar:-)

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,367 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: airport arrival time

If you are flying Cayman Airways, you should be fine with your arrival time at O'Hare. There is only one other flight (Korean Air to Tokyo) in the International Terminal at that time.

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,824 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: airport arrival time

I bet she is not going Cayman air because she is leaving on a Thursday

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman