We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beginning of June weather

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
22 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
beginning of June weather

We will be staying at the marriott from June 2nd to June 9th. This was the only time I could get off work and we chose Grand Cayman because my husband wanted to get open water certified. Has anyone stayed on the island during that time of the year? How was the weather like? According to weather.com there is a 60% chance of rain throughout our stay, but I am wondering how bad it it? Is it just sprinkles or is it like all day rain? I appreciate all your help

Mentioned in this post
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
13 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beginning of June weather

Well I live here and I have to say that although it is technically "rainy season", what that generally means is that there might be a shower or quick storm, but for at least some part of the day its usually sun and bright blue skies. I was going to say also its HOT, but then I saw you are from LV - so it'll be a home from home. Pack your mosquito repellant, enjoy the Island.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
22 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beginning of June weather

Thank you for your reply!

Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
13 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beginning of June weather

After my message last night it is actually miserable here today, no sign of it clearing up at the moment!

Moorestown, New...
Level Contributor
85 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beginning of June weather

we are there June 1 - to 8th.... Cant wait!

and im optimistic for blue skies and sun and all that jazz. showers and passing rain are fine....

hopefully anything that is 'big' is moving thru.... i really cant wait for this trip!!!!!!

:)

chicago
Level Contributor
8,820 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beginning of June weather

All day full on rain today, yucky!

Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
13 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: beginning of June weather

Since my post earlier in the week it has literally not stopped raining. This is why I work in accounting and not meteorology!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
85 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: beginning of June weather

Any signs of the weather improving for next week? We will also be there June 2-9 and are wondering if we should change our vacation destination.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,443 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: beginning of June weather

Changing your destination unless you plan to go somewhere that it is not the rainy season would be fruitless . . . so is worrying about the weather. The reason this is "off" season throughout the Carib and tropical places is because it is the "rainy" time of the year. That said unless there is a big front hanging around, you won't get washed out. It is the luck of the draw. In twenty years of several trips a year I have only had one bad week . . it was Thanksgiving week several years ago. Be happy and look forward to your trip!!!

Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: beginning of June weather

"Changing your destination unless you plan to go somewhere that it is not the rainy season would be fruitless."

Gotta agree, Retrip. Looks like there is currently a lot of rain in the Caribbean:

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/

Of course, there is also a lot of rain right here in the midwest (there is a big orange/red blob right over my house) :)

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Moorestown, New...
Level Contributor
85 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: beginning of June weather

im staying positive and hoping for a GREAT WEEK!

we arrive tomorrow after 1pm!!!! DO YOUR SUN DANCES FOR OUR WEEK!

AHAHHA!

cant wait!

Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman