We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Michael's Genuine And Sunday Brunch?

Montrose, Colorado
Level Contributor
226 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Michael's Genuine And Sunday Brunch?

Read something about Michael's Genuine having a Sunday Brunch with unlimited bubbly for $16. Is this true? What do you get to pick from. Has anyone any info on this and whether it is worth the time or would you recommend another? Don't want to pay over $25pp. Thanks!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
7,292 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Michael's Genuine And Sunday Brunch?

I would find that hard to believe even without the unlimited bubbly. There are really only a few modest buffet-style brunches to be had for under $25pp.

Bang for the buck, I would suggest Luca. $45 with bottomless Prosecco.

New Hope...
Level Contributor
744 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Michael's Genuine And Sunday Brunch?

If you check their menu, you will see that all you can drink Crémant de Loire is CI$19. This does not include food,

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,083 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Michael's Genuine And Sunday Brunch?

I love Luca brunch!!!! We have friends who go almost every week to Hemmingways and I have to admit that when we joined them, it was very good too. Luca however is a foodie's delight!!! Haven't been to the RC brunch yet however to compare, but also enjoyed the brunch at the Westin. I am surprised that you would find Sunday/holiday brunch for $25pp at all. I feel that smushie's description of "modest" would be so indeed. With the food choices, carving stations, sushi, pasta stations, desserts, etc., brunch for me is usually all the food I could eat for the day and I am not even one of the people with the multiple stacked plates so it is actually very reasonable.

Montrose, Colorado
Level Contributor
226 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Michael's Genuine And Sunday Brunch?

Maybe the unlimited bubbly was $16 and brunch is a separate price at Michaels. Thanks for input.

5. Re: Michael's Genuine And Sunday Brunch?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 21:31
Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,262 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Michael's Genuine And Sunday Brunch?

My experience has been quite different. I have found the service at the restaurants in Grand Cayman to be friendly and professional, with only two exceptions in twenty years of visits. I have simply chosen not to return to those establishments.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,083 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Michael's Genuine And Sunday Brunch?

I have to say that I agree about kiddos with regard to the service level. Actually it is one of things that sets it apart from so many other destinations. The servers are professional, know their stuff and at the same time will bend over backwards to help out. In fact there was one spot we regularly went that is popular with friends who live on the island. There was one girl there who wasn't nice -- everyone knew who she was, knew to avoid her tables and after her first six months was up she was gone. I feel sorry that someone got repeated shabby treatment -- our experience has been so different and I hope it stays the way we have always found it in the past. It sets the Cayman Islands apart from other Carib island countries.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
7,292 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Michael's Genuine And Sunday Brunch?

Ditto the two comments above. I have found the service on Grand Cayman to be top notch with wonderful servers who in many cases have professional training in hospitality (i.e. an associates degree or equivalent european vocational training in hospitality). I would have a difficult time coming up with the last time I received less-than good service at any restaurant down here. Retail is another story but I digress.

9. Re: Michael's Genuine And Sunday Brunch?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2014, 05:16