We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airfare/hotel prices

New Jersey
Level Contributor
181 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
airfare/hotel prices

I'm looking into a july trip staying at the westin for one week out of newark airport, we are 2 adults and 2 kids. Getting a price of $7000. Does this sound right?

White Marsh...
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: airfare/hotel prices

Are you coming around the first week of July? My friend was looking into airfare for 7/2-7/7 from Baltimore and was getting a price of approx. $800 per ticket. I think it sounds high if you are looking at dates after 7/4.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airfare/hotel prices

$7000 total airfare and hotel? Which airline, and from Newark?

Although you didn't ask, if the idea of a spacious condo on the beach for 4 people instead of a hotel room appeals to you, there are many in the area. You most likely will have summer specials and would not have to pay hotel or restaurant prices for everything you eat and drink.

Just a suggestion, ask for recommendations if interested. Many truly prefer the hotel experience.

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airfare/hotel prices

Sounds way expensive. Where are you getting the costs, what class of flight and hotel room?

Did you look into the Only in Cayman summer family promotion?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
181 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airfare/hotel prices

july 6-13, united airlines, united vacations. basic room and coach flight out of newark. did not look into any promotions and i do like to stay in a hotel vs condo but these prices are crazy.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airfare/hotel prices

I agree, you can do better on the price.

Do a little exploring here www.caymanislands.ky/onlyincayman/home.aspx

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airfare/hotel prices

Wow, i played around on the promotion page, it redirected me to United Vacations and yes, it was $6,000 +, coach and basic room at the Westin.

I hope that someone who is travel saavy here can help to find better summer prices for you.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
6,148 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airfare/hotel prices

That price is outragous! For $500/night (what the Westin is likely costing you in that package) you can stretch out in a great condo where your kids can have their own room and, more importantly, so can you.

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: airfare/hotel prices

$7000 for a week in the summer sounds like way too much to me

I just looked up flights in July and on American they were around $600...,.so that means you're paying close to $5000 for your hotel room

Edited: 20 June 2013, 01:04
chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: airfare/hotel prices

condos are plentiful in Cayman and right on the beach....even though you are a hitel person you might want to check some condos out at caymanvacation.com, caymanvacations.com or caydirect.com

Edited: 20 June 2013, 01:09
chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: airfare/hotel prices

Oops that should say hotel person