We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn/Grand Caymanian

Level Contributor
35 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn/Grand Caymanian

I understand that this property has just been re-branded as a Holiday Inn. Has anyone been there? Can you give me your impressions of the hotel, good and bad. Would appreciate it. Thanks.

Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn/Grand Caymanian

If you don't get a reply here on the Forum, you might want to send Private Message(s) (PM) to the folks who have recently reviewed the Holiday Inn:

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn/Grand Caymanian

I think it's a bit too early to get the reviews on it - here's a discussion we had a bout it a while back, along with a link to a news item about what they are doing with it.

Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
7,498 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn/Grand Caymanian

There are already several (positive) reviews of the rebranded property.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3,962 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn/Grand Caymanian

Stayed there twice when it was just the Grand Caymanian, even before it was affiliated with the Ramada. We liked the property as it was quiet. Keep in mind that it is on the North Sound, not SMB, and therefore does not have much of a beach/swimming area. While the hotel does provide complimentary shuttle service within 5 miles of the hotel (according to the website), I would recommend a car for at least part of your stay so you can come and go at your own pace and not be locked into a shuttle schedule or have to worry there might be too many people for a particular shuttle.

grand island, ny
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn/Grand Caymanian

My husband and I stayed their last year May for 2 nights when it was still the Grand Caymanian. Our condo was on the North Shore and we wanted to try "the other end" for a couple of days. We really just wanted a home-base for snorkeling around the 7MB area. Our room was really nice, not super huge, but a good size and really clean.Nice furnishings, nothing to complain about in that department. The hotel was pretty dead and they were doing some work around the grounds. The pool was well maintained and it was basically empty the one day we went in it. We didnt swim in the ocean there, it was kinda choppy and windy the 2 days we were there. There is sand, but I would say you would probably tend to use the beach for sunning and not swimming (nothing like 7mb!). The rest of the grounds around the pool area were well kept. I think the hotel may have been in some type of "transition" phase. It was nice for our purposes. The one complaint I had was that I thought It would put us close to the 7mb area, which it did, however it took longer than I thought to get to 7MB because you are essentially driving through a golf course to get there. The speed limit is really low and there are a ton of speed bumps. You definitely would need a car. (I found my reservation--we paid $165/night)

All and all , it was good for what we needed for a couple of days and comparatively inexpensive.(for GC) Hope this helps!

Level Contributor
676 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Inn/Grand Caymanian

I used to stay at this hotel all the time when it was the Grand Caymanian. As stated above, you definently need a car for convenience to 7MB. At the time, the price was right. It was well maintained, quiet, very clean. I love the golf course as I would get up in the morning and walk or run the main road. I thought the hotel staff was very hospitable and I did not mind the drive as I was more into the price and a bit of inconveniece (staying off the main strip about a 5-7 minute drive) vs. paying high prices. I travel 6-8 times a year at prime times so do mostly on a budget. The pool is nice. The beach area is relaxing with hammocks and a small pier to sit out on. I have never swam in that beach area there although I have seen some people. There is security on site if that is a concern to you, also.

The restaurant on site was ok, but I was usually out and just used the hotel as a home base.

I think if the price is right, this hotel is a great option and if you realize that it is not on the main 7MB strip. Very quiet and peaceful. Clean!

7. Re: Holiday Inn/Grand Caymanian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2014, 05:18