We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food prices at the grocery store near morritts tortuga

michigan
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Food prices at the grocery store near morritts tortuga

I'm on a very tight budget, looking to spend as little as possible on vacation. Wondering about the prices on food at the grocery store near the hotel. Need a vacation but don't have a lot to spend should i pack groceries in my suitcase?

michigan
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Food prices at the grocery store near morritts tortuga

Thank you for your response I appreciate your input I'm very excited to go to grand caymen :)

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Food prices at the grocery store near morritts tortuga

One more thing to think about if you are watching your pennies.....if you are using a credit card there is a foreign transaction fee on every purchase even if they ring it up in USD. There are some credit cards that do not have the fee and it is worth looking into

Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Food prices at the grocery store near morritts tortuga

For a great (IMHO) food treat that is relatively inexpensive, look at buying a meat/hot pattie at the Foster's Express store. If I remember correctly, they are located in a heated glass enclosure to the right of the check out counter. If I am wrong, ask a cashier.

When I am on the island, my lunch of choice is a hot pattie (or 2) and a Caybrew.

Enjoy your stay at the East End. I have no doubt your will get the vacation you want.

Kansas
Level Contributor
623 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Food prices at the grocery store near morritts tortuga

The gas station at Frank Sound Rd & North Side Rd intersection has pretty tasty ones also.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
7,901 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Food prices at the grocery store near morritts tortuga

Patties are one of my go-to lunches. Two patties and a soft drink comes in at under $5. Most are locally made and sold at gas stations island-wide. The supermarkets also carry them but tend to sell out (along with the gas stations) around lunch time.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,037 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Food prices at the grocery store near morritts tortuga

There is a Subway next door to Morritt's at The Reef Resort. Just don't expect to see any "$5 Foot-longs" or $4 lunch specials that you see advertised here, though they do have some daily "sub of the day" specials that run $3.50 CI and $5.50 CI for 6" and 12" subs respectively Might be less expensive than having to buy all of the fixin's yourself. Here's a link to their website

http://www.subway.ky/layouts/index.html

michigan
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Food prices at the grocery store near morritts tortuga

Thank you for your response and your understanding.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,612 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Food prices at the grocery store near morritts tortuga

A few days ago I went to Island Taste and bought two dozen frozen patties (a dozen beef, a dozen chicken) took them back to the condo and have been cooking them up when I feel like it - freshly cooked patties without having to leave the condo! I think they came to about $1.20 CI each. They are made on-island and frozen right before cooking. Really tasty.

Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Food prices at the grocery store near morritts tortuga

I plan on getting [at least] 5 dozen patties (from Island Taste) for my November vacation. For me, it is not about the "bargain price" but rather the great taste and memories (whenever I visited my folks at their home in Old Man Bay there were always patties in the freezer, and as I have said before, they were the lunch item of choice).

michigan
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Food prices at the grocery store near morritts tortuga

Thank you I will check with my credit card company thanks for the information :)

Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman