We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why is June and other summer months, low season for GC?

United States...
Level Contributor
388 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Why is June and other summer months, low season for GC?

We are thinking about making our first GC trip so I have just started my research. I was thinking of going next summer in June. I've noticed that this is a low season time, but I don't understand why, please explain. Thank you,

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,993 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why is June and other summer months, low season for GC?

Because it is the "rainy" season and there is a better chance for hurricanes. Also you don't have as many people fleeing the winter months. June is a lovely time to go and really everything is open for business. Once you hit the end of August things really slow down and that lasts through October. During that time many restaurants etc close because it is so slow so they do renovations and staff holidays. It is a great time to take advantage of great deals across the island just as you can in places like Europe during the winter months which is their "low" season.

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,822 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why is June and other summer months, low season for GC?

Because the weather is nice in the areas where most tourists hail from.

United States...
Level Contributor
388 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why is June and other summer months, low season for GC?

I see, thank you both so much. I would like to avoid hurricans, lol. How are the months April or May? I look forward to researching more, I've already come across great advice from both of you. Again, thank you.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why is June and other summer months, low season for GC?

May is known to get more than it's share of rain. It is one of the two months that I would never plan to go to Cayman. Of course there is no guarantee, but June is early enough in the season that it would be unlikely a hurricane would develop in the area.

United States...
Level Contributor
388 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why is June and other summer months, low season for GC?

Thank you so much.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
5,902 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why is June and other summer months, low season for GC?

I think June is a good time to go. Low risk of Hurricane. Not a lot of wind so the seas will be calm (most likely). Island is not packed.

B.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, Seven Mile Beach
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Why is June and other summer months, low season for GC?

April is great as well. That summer heat hasn't necessarily kicked in yet where you feel sticky the minute you walk out the door. The low season rates typically kick in mid April as well so you can get some good deals.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
7,056 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Why is June and other summer months, low season for GC?

I go every June. Weather is typically wonderful and there are noticeably fewer tourists on the island. Unless there's a storm, the sea is as calm as a swimming pool. As far as why others don't go, it's tough to justify a vacation to a warm climate when it's summertime where you live.

United States...
Level Contributor
388 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Why is June and other summer months, low season for GC?

Thank you!

10. Re: Why is June and other summer months, low season for GC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 05:17