We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report - over the top!

Gander, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report - over the top!

As usual while I was preparing for our family vacation to a new destination, I heavily relied on trip advisor and faithfully checked and read posts for many days. Of course, I gathered a lot of information and made lists of possible excursions and restaurants to visit but I was struck by the number of people who were frequent visitors of Grand Cayman. Not just twice or three times but many, many times. It didn't take long after our arrival to understand why. We had an incredible vacation and loved every minute of it! Some of our impressions :

* the island is incredibly clean, safe and upscale.

* it is such an international place. We spoke with many people who were working there and they came from all over the world. More than one told of initially coming for 6 months and still being there years later.

* the dining is incredible! The sheer amount of restaurants, variety of menus and multitude of good reviews makes it difficult to decide where to eat. What a great problem! Some of our favourites were Ragazzi for pasta, XQ for seafood pizza, Icoa Fine Foods and Lauren's for breakfast. We visited many more and did not have any bad experiences.

* everyone is very friendly and will always take the time to engage in a conversation and answer in detail any questions you have.

* the ocean and beach were wonderful.

* everyone was right - it was great to have a rental car for the entire time and driving on the opposite side of the road and navigating the round abouts came easier than we expected.

* we stayed at the Ritz Carlton and loved it! Great service and lots of extras included in the rate you pay.

* we enjoyed every aspect of our trip and will certainly return.

Thanks to all who post regularly. Many times I felt so fortunate to have read such valuable advice on this forum. ( The very day we arrived and were picking up our rental car we witnessed a man giving the employee a bit of a hard time re the fee for a Cayman driving license but we were totally prepared for this.).

If you're one of the people who are quietly sitting back and reading the forum and trying to decide whether or not to make a trip to Grand Cayman - don't hesitate. Yes it can be on the expensive side but you can work around that with condos and eating in. You will have wonderful memories and a great experience.

Until our next trip....

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,668 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report - over the top!

Sounds like someone had a great time!!!! The island has spoiled us and we have had the opportunity through work and vacation to visit many places. Grand Cayman is second home (and I wish it was real home!!!!) Be sure to write a review of the RC and mention anyone who was especially good by name. I have a kid who works there and I cannot believe how important TA has become to them. To get a mention is a big deal at the weekly meetings and their overall individual standings. When is the next trip planned????

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
Level Contributor
4,535 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report - over the top!

Thanks for taking the time to do this trip report, sharing your experiences. It's always valuable to get a complete picture of a trip, rather than trying to piece together all the reviews.

Glad you liked Cayman as much as we do!

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
547 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report - over the top!

Thank you for your Trip Report, sounds like you had a great time! We just got back after our third visit and each year gets better:)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
92 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report - over the top!

interesting post about calling out people by name, didn't know it mattered. leaving in the am for gc!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
6,381 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report - over the top!

Awesome trip report! Sounds like you've got your next trip already planned!

6. Re: Trip report - over the top!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 06:18