We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 master suites?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
96 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
2 master suites?

Can anyone recommend a rental on SMb with 2 master suites? Traveling w friends and the condos are beautiful but looks like each couple would have a very different experience?

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 master suites?

The only one I know of that has two master OCEANFRONT suites is this luxury 4 bedroom unit:

http://www.caydirect.com/vrp/search/results/?search[incomplex]=144&search[showall]=1&page=2

You can also get 2 master suites with only 1 of them being oceanfront. Unit # 20 and # 24 here::

http://www.caydirect.com/vrp/search/results/?search[incomplex]=143&search[showall]=1&page=2

Sorry, I'm not sure how to make these into a link, but copy / paste the above in your web browser.

Not sure if there are others. Otherwise, depending on your budget and how many people you have in your group, you could also consider renting 2 smaller condos next to each other.

Edited: 04 September 2013, 08:58
Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3,480 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 master suites?

Is your desire for two master suites to have both bathrooms en-suite? For a two bedroom condo this is not common, as there needs to be a bathroom accessible from the common areas. We have stayed in 2 bedroom units in various places where it is actually a combination of a 1 BR and a studio unit, with a connecting door that can be locked off or open, depending on how the unit is being used. The 1 BR side will have the main living area and kitchen pus a bedroom and bath, and the studio will have a bedroom, bath, small sitting area and kitchenette. Each will have a separate entrance from the hallway/outdoors. This would give more private space, but of course one side will be larger than the other, so you'd likely want to figure out a way to divide the costs proportionately. I know The Reef (East End) and The Grand Caymanian (North Sound) have units set up like this but neither is on SMB. Perhaps others will know if some of the other condos, particularly those mentioned have similar setups. Otherwise, to get two bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, you likely would have to go to a larger unit so there would still be an accessible bath for the common areas. Most people don't want others tromping thru their bedroom to use a bathroom.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
Level Contributor
3,854 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 master suites?

I know of condos with 2 ensuite bedrooms, but they aren't on SMB and are 3BR condos. I think you are going to end up having to either get two condos or relax your requirements a little.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,261 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 master suites?

My experience has been like BarbP. There is usually on bedroom that is the "master" for the master of the household. Wouldn't really be a master if there were more than one :) Ensuite bathroom is normal in the bigger condos for most of the bedrooms.

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,199 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 master suites?

Another thought: switch rooms halfway through your vacation.

New Hope...
Level Contributor
721 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 master suites?

Many of the older 2 bedroom condos have an ensuite master bath and a second bathroom which opens to the second bedroom and the hallway. If you want both couples to have the same experience just lock off the hallway door form the inside and thus both couples will have their own private baths. Of course you lose the common bathroom to use during the day.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 master suites?

Not sure if this is what you're looking for but I'm currently staying at discovery point #15. It has a master with a king sized bed & it's own bathroom. It also has a second bedroom with it's own bath but that bedroom has two double beds not a king or queen bed. The condo is older & in need of renovation but if you're anything like me & my hubby you'll be spending so much time at the beach the room really isn't that important. Besides the price here is vey reasonable

Meryl

Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 master suites?

Check out Harbour Heights website. Condos with 2 br and 2 baths - one ensuite, one close by but off hall. Great location on 7 Mi. Beach. Private and uncrowded. Great staff. Not new or fancy but well built and comfy. 3 bldgs surround courtyard and pool. Right on beach. Living area with dining area, and separate kitchen. We've stayed there every year since 1980 and highly recommend.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
101 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 master suites?

South Bay Beach Club has 2BR with both ensuite

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
243 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply