We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental

Charles Town, West...
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Topic
Car rental

Will be in GC 3rd week of oct with it being slow season will I need a reservation for a car rental thanks for any advice

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental

Nope, but you may get a better rate by reserving in advance vs. paying the walk-up rate.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3,924 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental

In agreement with Testudo. I usually reserve in advance and then keep checking back to see if the rates go down. Different rental companies will often offer specials at different times. You didn't say how many are traveling with you. IF you have a large group and will need a van, then I would definitely reserve in advance as the supply of these is much more limited. Also keep in mind that the cars in each of the categories in GC will be smaller than their counterparts at US rental agencies.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
5,970 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental

No reason not to reserve in advance.

B.

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,006 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental

I always reserve in advance too

Charles Town, West...
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental

Thanks to all ill reserve in advance

6. Re: Car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2014, 06:21