We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

$100 Gift card for touring Morritt's Resort?

Illinois
Level Contributor
39 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
$100 Gift card for touring Morritt's Resort?

I found this on explorecayman.com was wondering if anyone had done this, if so how long was the tour and was it worth it? I mean a $100 is a lot, but if its like 1/2 a day or something, dont know if I would do it

her is the actual link

explorecayman.com/morritts-resort-gift-certi…

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,333 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: $100 Gift card for touring Morritt's Resort?

It is probably a timeshare sales pitch. It would take more than $100 (especially to use at a place that I might not even like) to give up valuable vacation hours for me, but everyone had different priorities! If you are already interested in the timeshare then it might be a good thing to take advantage of.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
Level Contributor
3,995 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: $100 Gift card for touring Morritt's Resort?

Remember, also, that if you aren't staying on that end of the island, you have the time (and gas cost) to get out there and back.

I have done a couple of timeshare-type tours before, and part of it is a high-pressure sales presentation, during which I had to remain very firm about fending off the sales folks and explaining why I wasn't interested in their product. Note that I have not experienced this resort's methods.

As retrip says, if it's something you are interested in doing anyway, then it may be worth it for you. If you are just doing it to save $100, and aren't staying anywhere close, then I would pass, and enjoy my time on the island.

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,439 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: $100 Gift card for touring Morritt's Resort?

Is it worth it? $100 gets you a nice lunch on Grand Cayman.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
Level Contributor
3,995 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: $100 Gift card for touring Morritt's Resort?

Oh I also notice in the small print at the bottom of the linked page "Some Restrictions apply" - I would *most definitely* want to know what those restrictions were before I turned up for anything. I have seen all sorts of things on timeshare tours that end up disqualifying you AFTER you have turned up. Things like that you don't earn enough money, or aren't in the age demographic they are looking for.

End result - you have wasted a bunch of your heard-earned vacation time.

Go in with your eyes open :-)

Illinois
Level Contributor
39 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: $100 Gift card for touring Morritt's Resort?

We are staying on that end of the island, so would not be a wasted trip. I will definitely check into the "restrictions apply" before going. I can handle the high pressure sales people, believe me I can hold my own LOL...will be there next week, cant wait!!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
5,755 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: $100 Gift card for touring Morritt's Resort?

Add up how much money you've spent on your Cayman vacation and divide it by how many days you're there. Is it worth wasting half of one of those precious days listening to a timeshare pitch for $100? My guess is you've spent much more than that amount for the vacation time you'd be giving up.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3,527 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: $100 Gift card for touring Morritt's Resort?

With regards to the restrictions: you often have to meet certain age and income criteria and if you're married, both persons must attend. Make sure you read all the fine print.. The fact that the gift card is restricted to use at Morritt's, as opposed to a generic MC or VISA card, makes it less appealing IMO.

We generally avoid these things like the plague, having decided long ago that not only are we not willing to give up precious vacation time to do one of these presentations, but also we have no interest in buying a timeshare.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,333 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: $100 Gift card for touring Morritt's Resort?

Giving up a 1/2 day of vacation time to me is totally different than giving up a 1/2 day in real life. I'd do that for $100 but to give up my hard earned holiday time -- no way. And how much is it worth if there a few rainy days and the sun is out during your presentation? Everyone has different values for a freebie be it gift card, food voucher, etc., so it really is personal, however irregardless of how thick skinned you are with sales pitches, how much holiday time to you get that you are will to give it away to that nonsense? Now a $500 gift card to use at my choice might be different for 1/2 my day, but $100 that they are paying themselves anyway just doesn't seem to be in your favor!

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3,527 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: $100 Gift card for touring Morritt's Resort?

Right next door to Morritt's is The Reef Resort, which has both timeshare and ownership opportunities. They too usually have some sort of promotion/freebie available for those willing to sit thru a presentation and tour. Last time we were there they were offering a free Stingray City tour on Wednesdays thru Red Sail out of Rum Point. Transportation to/from Rum Point included. I believe value was $75 fora single person, $150 per couple.

Didn't participate for reasons already stated but if you REALLY want to eat up part of your vacation getting freebies, it's another option. They usually try to get you to commit on the day of the tour, which they like to schedule as early on during your stay so they have plenty of time to keep calling your room to see about your decision. Many years ago in Acapulco, where you got accosted on the street by some timeshare person about every 25 feet, we learned to say that we had either already been or were leaving later that day and didn't have time.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
5,755 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: $100 Gift card for touring Morritt's Resort?

I was in Mazatlan a few years ago and they were waiting on every corner. I found saying "no me molestes" in a jumbled accent while pretending to speak hebrew with my better half worked best.

Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman