We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renew vows

chicago,Il
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Renew vows

I would like to renew my vows and have a nice dinner with a few pictures. Can this be done on a budget?

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,331 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renew vows

Well it really depends on what the budget is. If you hire a professional photographer there is going to be a minimum amount for their services which like any professional will have built in costs attached. Is that who will be taking the pictures? or do you have friends or family who can take them. With all the modern photo shop programs they could come up with something useable. Same with the dinner. Are you looking to go all out? There are several wonderful locations but it really depends on what suits you best. Have you looked at meal prices at caymanrestaurantguide.com or caymangoodtaste.com. See what might suit you and then maybe people can suggest a good nearby spot for the vows and photos. Everyone works on a budget, but they can differ dramatically and what one person may consider reasonable another person doesn't. It is very subjective. Congratulations!!!!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
5,742 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renew vows

I'm not sure what you're asking. Whatever your budget is, there's probably an option. Have you looked at some of the suggestions regarding restaurants, vow renewal locations, etc. on your other posts?

Edited: 13 November 2013, 00:06
chicago,Il
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renew vows

I've looked into many options all ready just seeing if there are more options

chicago,Il
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renew vows

I have looked into those ideas thank you

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
5,742 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renew vows

Starting a new thread to re-ask the same question will only confuse people. If there's something specific you're looking for, I would suggest updating your other posts rather than starting new ones.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
Level Contributor
3,985 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renew vows

Well, what options have you looked in to already? No point us repeating stuff you already know. If you can say "I looked into x, but would like something more..." then we may be able to steer you in a better direction for you.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,331 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Renew vows

Perhaps also saying what how much you want to spend on the renewal (or overall holiday) would also help. I have a very good friend who is an underwater photo and her costs are much greater than what they would be in the States for instance. The lady she works with does land photo on the side. All their equipment comes from the States and has a duty levied on it (although it is still cheaper for them to buy from B&H) and places like that. So on that front you won't have much wiggle room. You can get a great meal for any number of prices however if you are looking for something a little more upscale on the beach you will pay more. Where are you staying? You have much more in close proximity if you stay in the SMB area however your will pay more for your accommodation as that is where the most venues are clustered around the more sought after beach area. If you leave that area you can find some lovely spots but will need to rent a car. However, if your budget is below what these options offer you might not find what you want in GC. As others have mentioned the only way DE's here can help you is if you give them something concrete to work with. Hope this helps.

chicago,Il
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Renew vows

With everyone's help we are renewing our vows at The Wharf on the beach by a minister, having dinner,and after 25 years I will have my first bouquet!!

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,832 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Renew vows

That sounds wonderful, you have chosen a great location. Congratulations!

10. Re: Renew vows

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman