We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Souvenirs

Iowa
Level Contributor
32 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Souvenirs

Does anyone have any recommendations where I can find some less expensive t-shirts and souvenirs? Thanks!

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
Level Contributor
4,639 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Souvenirs

Well, the cruise ship area of George Town has a lot of the cheaper trinkets. Apart from that the shops at Hell have that sort of thing.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,749 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Souvenirs

I like to bring back Cayman treats -- honey, salt water taffy, salt, hot sauce, rum cakes and of course rum. You can find many of these things in the local grocery stores. Over the years I have friends who look forward to their favorite yummy "souvenirs". Many of these items are less or the same as cheap T's!

Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Souvenirs

Pure Art (located on South Church Street) does not carry t-shirts, but they have a wide assortment of good (IMO) souvenirs at a variety of prices.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,639 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Souvenirs

I definitely agree - I found that rum cakes are a great gift for folks, until I found the Tortuga ones in our local grocery store. :-)

Caymanite is another, slightly more expensive idea - I have found pendants and other trinkets made form it that are something unique.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
6,539 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Souvenirs

I'm still not sure what less expensive means. Is the OP looking for the paper-thin type t-shirts sold in bulk from carts on the streets of major cities around the world (e.g. "my --- went to --- and all I got was this crummy t-shirt") or something inexpensive and yet unique to the Cayman Islands? Plenty of good ideas for the latter above.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,639 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Souvenirs

And the cheapo t-shirts are probably going to be most common in the various shops near the cruise terminal.

7. Re: Souvenirs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 January 2014, 13:05
Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
547 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Souvenirs

I also think Pure Art is great with a big variety! Nina at Beach Bubbles has some soap that I love. Paul Harvey has some nice t-shirts, upstairs they have some neat pictures and some are inexpensive. We have bought a couple of the t-shirts and they are well made.

Edited: 31 January 2014, 19:15
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,623 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Souvenirs

Pure Art is my go to place for huge variety of items at all price points. Occasionally have been to open air market (do not know schedule but think limited) in GT in courtyard of building across the street from Atlantis Submarines and happily purchased several Cayman handcrafted & very reasonably priced items of good quality and design.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,749 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Souvenirs

There is also a nice market in the parking lot at Camana Bay. I don't know the schedule nor can I comment on price comparisons. Have to say that I like bringing foodstuffs back. For example the English chocolates are lovely (can be purchased at the grocery store). Last trip made a quick stop looking for salt water taffy and stopped at a wonderful homemade candy store. This trip I will scope it out for the full details. The products were a huge success....in one of the two little strip malls near Divers Supply.

Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman