We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Cayman restaurants

iowa
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Grand Cayman restaurants

We are in Cayman now, enjoying it a lot and eating out a lot. We have eaten at Bombay Chopsticks, Eagle's Ray, Eats, Sunshine Grill, Chicken-Chicken, David's Deep Blue (Morritt's), Mimi's Dock (Morritt's), Vivene's, Kurt's Korner, Over the Edge, Kaibo's Beach Grill and The Italian Kitchen. The best meal we had was lunch at a local businessman's and wife's house (long time friends) but all of our meals were good. Hard to beat Sunshine Grill, Over the Edge and Eagle's Ray though. Probably do Kaibo, Rum Point and Tukka yet before we leave.

Mentioned in this post
David's Deep Blue
David's Deep Blue
40 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Rum Point
Rum Point
Grand Cayman
chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Cayman restaurants

How did you like Vivine's? we haven't tried it yet, but it is definitely on my list this year. If you haven't tried the upstairs at kaibo, it is excellent....expensive but we enjoy it everytime we eat there,

iowa
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Cayman restaurants

We have eaten upstairs at Kaibo many times before and really liked it. Vivene's had really good food too. We had snapper which was delivered to the table as a whole fish--head, tail and everything in between. We got to talking to another couple (she tried the scotch bonnet peppers and about got sick!) and left without paying. We realized it about 2 miles down the road and had to go back to pay, which gave a good laugh to everyone there.

iowa
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Cayman restaurants

We just got back from Tukka--had the salmon tempura for an app which was excellent.

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Cayman restaurants

We were there too last night for their Fish Friday.....choice of snapper, lionfish, wahoo. We had the snapper which was delicious and the presentation was very nice

iowa
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Cayman restaurants

I forgot to mention the best smoothie on the island was made by Robert of Buddy's Produce stand on the east end of Boddentown.

Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Cayman restaurants

Hawkeye23:

I had heard that David's underwent a renovation (decor and food) recently - how was your experience there?

And is Buddy's Produce located in the parking lot of the Everglo Restaurant and Bar? If not, can you give me a location marker for it?

Thanks!

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Cayman restaurants

I saw an article that said that chef remy who used to be at the lighthouse was there

iowa
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Cayman restaurants

Yes, they have changed both at David's. The food was really good there too. Chef Remy is associated with them and with Bamboo Chopsticks.

iowa
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Cayman restaurants

I don't know where the Everglo is I guess. Buddy's is a little produce stand just east of Chesters Fresh Fish at the east edge of Boddentown.

10. Re: Grand Cayman restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman