We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in november

mn.
Level Contributor
111 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
weather in november

Hi Everyone, Been awhile that I have been here. I am planning on booking our timeshare, Grand Caymanian, for the week of Thanksgiving, 2014. Don't even know the dates yet, but works for the college kids. We exchanged our timeshare & went to Maui 2 yrs. ago & it rained 6 out of 7 days. It wasn't just a mild rain. That was when Kauai got flooded. My question is what is the normal weather for Thanksgiving week. This will be our 4th & 5th trip back. Thanks.

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,127 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in november

I had been wondering the same thing. I went to wunderground and checked 2010,2011,2012,2013, seems like the 2nd and 3rd weekends were nice. Those were my dates of choice for our trip.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
Level Contributor
3,858 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in november

A great resource is the top question about Grand Cayman. (Top right on your screen, it should be)

Here is a link, in case you can't get to it.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147365-i261-k3143…

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in november

We went for many years at Thanksgiving and usually the weather was great.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
5,632 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in november

What the weather was last year, or the year before, is no predictor of what the weather will be like this year. I got married in November and the best advice I can give is to book your trip and hope for the best.

Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in november

Gotta agree with Smushie. I spent this past November on the island, and the first 2 weeks were very HOT and humid (I got out the tank tops) with a couple of strong rain storms lasting at least 3 hours. When I asked the locals, they said "this is unusual." It still happened, however :)

The last 2 weeks, on the other hand, were delightful (t-shirt and capri weather) with only one overcast day (with a few sprinkles).

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,127 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in november

I agree smushie, the weather changes from each year to the next, no predicting.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3,480 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather in november

Like with any vacation that is centered around the outdoors (beach, camping, skiing, etc.), you pay your money and take your chances. Just look at the weather across the country recently. Places are setting 40 year records for temperatures and windchills. There have been 40-50 degree temperature swings in a matter of a day or two. Surely nothing so drastic would happen in GC but November is still hurricane season so one never knows.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, Seven Mile Beach
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: weather in november

November is typically my favourite month with very little rain. This year that wasn't the case but I wouldn't let that deter me as the rain was still quick showers that cleared quickly.

Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather in november

Given all the above information (including my first time experience vacationing on GC), I need to say: Go for it!

Edited: 14 January 2014, 01:14
Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weather in november

Err...my post above should had said "(including my first time experience vacationing on GC in November)"

Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman