We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunset sail

New Jersey
Level Contributor
181 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
sunset sail

is there anyplace I can find a list of different companies that do sunset sails? only one I can find is red sail and its $40/person. looking to see if I can find something a tad cheaper.

GC
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
684 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sunset sail

Not sure if the Jolly Roger is currently operating. But I believe the adult price was the same anyway.

www.jollyrogercayman.com/excursions.html

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,656 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sunset sail

My 20 somethings have had great times on the Jolly Roger. I know every trip is different, but it seems like it has more the party hardy especially on the evening/night sails. The Red Sail cat is may be slightly more subdued depending on the crowd. (If you get a big group of friends on either you know it is going to have a different vibe). The $40 per person is really not a lot of money for them to charge when you consider everything from the cost of fuel, crew, maintenance, etc. Some of these excursions don't make their owners rich anymore :) as people just don't want to pay the prices and how exorbitant the fuel prices etc have become in the last few years.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
181 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sunset sail

I figured the jolly roger would be a little too wild because we will have our 12 and 14 yr olds with us. I get what your saying about the cost retrip but we plan on doing so many activities just trying to cut corners somewhere.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,656 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sunset sail

Depending on the group that is on the Jolly Roger has much to do with how rowdy it is! The island is very family oriented. For the most part especially during the week, you would have families just like yours. There is probably a better chance for a party on the weekends or holidays when friends are off from work and have something to celebrate, but aside most of the time it will be individual family groups who don't know each other well enough to let it all hang out.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, Seven Mile Beach
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: sunset sail

Wow - the price has really gone up! I have to admit that I thought you must be mistaken when I first read it. Red Sail does a free sunset sail if you go for the BBQ or dinner at their Rum Point restaurant. I think that would be win-win as the price won't be much more and you get dinner. But as Retrip said, the Jolly Roger can be a bit rowdy on a Friday or Saturday night but you would be fine to take teens any other night of the week. The teens might even enjoy it more than the catamaran.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,868 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sunset sail

Definitely agree with you..........the sail to & from Rum Point is a real deal!! It's such a nice relaxing trip and the food there was excellent as well

Just be careful on the road to the Safehaven dock of Red Sail.....we damaged our car badly on that nasty road.

7. Re: sunset sail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2015, 05:21