We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pampered Ponies OR Spirit of the West

Frankenmuth, MI
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Pampered Ponies OR Spirit of the West

We are looking to do a private Caribbean sea swim. Both places appear to offer this. I just read two somewhat "negatives" on TA reviews regarding Spriit of the West care of the horses. Would Pampered Ponies be a better option? Any opinions please!?!

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,503 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pampered Ponies OR Spirit of the West

Coral Stone Stables or Spirit of West would get my vote. Coral Stone was an outstanding experience, only know SOW by reputation. Not a fan of PP and I have ridden with them.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,885 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pampered Ponies OR Spirit of the West

I have not had an experience with Pampered Ponies but should have taken Retrip's recommendation for Coral Stone Stables. We booked a private ride/sea swim with Spirit of the West and, frankly, were disappointed. The young lady who was our guide was friendly enough but offered very little interaction during the trip. We basically followed her along the beach. When the saddles were removed for the horses to enter the water, the horses simply walked out a short distance then turned and returned to the shore. The time in the water was brief and at no time were the horses actually swimming. The return ride was, again, quiet with little attention paid to the riders by the guide. It was $300 that I would not pay again for that experience. It might have been more fun if we were with a group and had others to talk with. I was riding behind my husband so there was little opportunity to talk and I found it a little boring after a few minutes. The horses seemed to be " programmed " and there was no opportunity to stop or customize the experience other than one stop for pictures. If you do take a riding tour, protect yourself from the sun and be sure to wear a hat. The ride was a long, hot one in the sun.

Grand Cayman...
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
616 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pampered Ponies OR Spirit of the West

Just thought I'd mention another option to consider: have you looked at “Cayman Horse Riding" with Nicki for private horse rides including sea swim with the horses? They have a reputation for being very personalized, small groups - this is not a big outfit, Nicki is very personable and cares passionately about her horses, and their reviews on TA are nearly all "Excellent".

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Grand Cayman...
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
616 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pampered Ponies OR Spirit of the West

(OOps I wasn't quick enough with the Edit to fix it on my earlier post)

I also meant to add that they have a website

http://caymanhorseriding.com/

5. Re: Pampered Ponies OR Spirit of the West

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2015, 05:26