We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight through Miami?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
149 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Flight through Miami?

We are planning our trip to GC in early Sept. The flights from Boston at that time all stop in Miami. We have heard to avoid this if possible. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
149 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Flight through Miami?

Thank you- hope you have a great trip and I will be interested in your experience.

boston
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Flight through Miami?

Hi There - Sorry for the delay. We had a really good airport experience! Both of our flights into Miami arrived a little early (15 minutes), but we would have had plenty of time anyway. Don't worry about the flights - I think you'll be fine! Miami wasn't as tough as I though It would be!

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
Level Contributor
4,347 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Flight through Miami?

Glad to hear that things have improved.

Thanks for coming back and giving us an update.

Edited: 04 March 2014, 16:19
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
366 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Flight through Miami?

Have you tried Jet Blue? They have flights that connect through JFK.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3,670 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Flight through Miami?

Personally, JFK is not one of my favorite place for flights but if it works for you and the prices is right, go for it!

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
Level Contributor
4,347 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Flight through Miami?

The JetBlue terminal at JFK is far better than most of the other airlines', in my experience. I would have no trouble connecting through there.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,756 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Flight through Miami?

I would agree about the Jet Blue terminal at JFK. It's one of the best terminals in the country, in my opinion. We always avoided MIA like the plague, but went through there in January because of a *deal* and I have to say it was fabulous. Connecting gate going to GCM was really close. Return into MIA involved a bit of walking but Global Entry kiosk made entry easy and we had time for a sit down dinner at a great Cuban restaurant before boarding our connecting flight. I'd check prices from BOS/GCM and use that as your deciding factor. Don't be afraid of MIA anymore.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3,670 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Flight through Miami?

IF you can fly into JFK on Jet Blue, then it sounds like things are very good. However if you arrive on a different airline and have to change terminals, then IMO JFK ( or other big airports like Laquardia, Atlanta, etc) can be a nightmare. While inter-terminal transportation has improved at many airports, if you're running late it can be very stressful trying to get to your connection. Also with three large NYC airports so close to each other, back-ups are not uncommon. Once flew from Albany to JFK. We barely got in the air when were were told we were going to be circling the Hudson Valley for awhile. From take-off to landing at JFK, it took almost 3 hours. I could have driven it in that amount of time! Have had other issues at JFK so that's why it's not one of my favorite airports.

19. Re: Flight through Miami?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 07:19