We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

George Town villas or sunshine suites???

Dalton, Georgia
Level Contributor
116 posts
1 review
Save Topic
George Town villas or sunshine suites???

I am traveling to grand caymans the first week in April. It will be myself and my daughter age 12. We will be diving and it looks like George Town villas or sunshine suites would be in our price range during this busy season. Can someone make suggestions as to which one might be better? Thanks in advance for comments.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, Seven Mile Beach
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: George Town villas or sunshine suites???

George Town Villas definitely has an edge as you get a full condo and their grounds are really nice with a large pool. Also lovely views from all of the units. However, they do not have beach there and there is not a beach within walking distance. Sunshine Suites is also not on the beach but the beach is a short walk away across the street. Personally, if you are diving most days and if beach is not super important, I'd go with George Town Villas. Are you sure there aren't any others within your price range that may be on the beach?

Kansas City
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: George Town villas or sunshine suites???

Sunshine suites! They are very familiar with divers, their restraunt is very good, and excellent beach across the street. I recommend their room and car package at arond $250/ Day us.

Dalton, Georgia
Level Contributor
116 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: George Town villas or sunshine suites???

Thank you , I was leaning toward sunshine , one last comparsion sunshine to regal beach condos??? Do you have any experience or thought concerning sunshine or regal . I know sunshine is across the stret from beach and looks like in the middle. Regal looks further down ? And oes not have a resturant to grab one thing before morning dives? Thanks !!

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,722 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: George Town villas or sunshine suites???

Regal is in Southern area of SMB, beachfront property adjacent to Marriott.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, Seven Mile Beach
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: George Town villas or sunshine suites???

When comparing Sunshine Suites to Regal, Regal wins everytime. Great beach in front of it, good size condo with full kitchen, well maintained grounds. Lots of reasonably priced restaurants within 5 minute walk. No comparison in my books. Whole different experience than George Town Villas where you wouldn't have had a beach.

6. Re: George Town villas or sunshine suites???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 06:16