We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turtle Nest Inn - Rocky Beach?

las vega, nv
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Turtle Nest Inn - Rocky Beach?

We are ready to confirm our 10 day stay at Turtle Nest for November. We read a post that indicated that the beach there is really rocky and requires water shoes. Is this true and how far out into the water do the rocks go? Thank you.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
5,942 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turtle Nest Inn - Rocky Beach?

If you're looking for a soft, sandy beach, I would suggest checking out places on the northern end of Seven Mile Beach.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,438 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turtle Nest Inn - Rocky Beach?

I agree with smushie. I was horseback riding along that beach and was not impressed. Fine for the horses, but I wouldn't have wanted to have it as my beach for hanging out especially when there are so many other options.

New Lenox, Illinois
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turtle Nest Inn - Rocky Beach?

We stayed at the TNI for 9 days with two small children and loved it. Yes, it is a little rocky when entering the water, but if you are an adult, you will be fine. With the pool available for the kids, we didn't go into the ocean as much as we would have if it had just been us adults. If you are planning on doing a ton of snorkeling from the beach, you might want to look at a different location.

hudson valley
Level Contributor
2,531 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Turtle Nest Inn - Rocky Beach?

"We read a post that indicated that the beach there is really rocky"

What do you plan to use the beach for? I use beaches as a way to get to the water to go snorkeling or diving, so I'm far more interested in what it's like in the water than out of it. By most accounts the snorkeling right in front of TNI is very good, and god snorkeling usually equates to rocks or coral in the water. People on vacation are fond of big empty expanses of sand, but the fish prefer the rocks and coral. If you want a big(ger) sandy beach to sit on or look at, or if you want to go swimming instead of snorkeling perhaps you should look at other options. If you plan on snorkeling right out the door, spending time checking out other parts of the island, and just a bit of sitting and relaxing on the beach then you'll probably be happy if you stick with your original plan.

5. Re: Turtle Nest Inn - Rocky Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2015, 05:17