We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luna del Mar at Kaibo-info, cost, water taxi??

Oakville, Ontario
Level Contributor
98 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Luna del Mar at Kaibo-info, cost, water taxi??

Hi all, we will be in Grand Cayman in May staying on SMB.Our stay coincides with the full moon. Wondering if anyone can give me some feedback/info on the full moon dinner at Kaibo. Is the menu the same as Kaibo upstairs? How are the prices? How much is a water taxi there? Any input is greatly appreciated!!

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,604 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Luna del Mar at Kaibo-info, cost, water taxi??

We also liked the BBQ at rum Point on Monday nights, but I prefer the upstairs food at kaibo when compared to rum point club dinner restaurant.

But the cat over to rum point for either meal at Rum Point would be a really nice evening.

Edited: 14 March 2014, 01:41
Oakville, Ontario
Level Contributor
98 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Luna del Mar at Kaibo-info, cost, water taxi??

Thanks again everyone for the input. We will most likely do the sail to rum point restaurant. Just have to decide on the bbq Monday or regular dinner. Does anyone know if there is live music on any night?

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,604 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Luna del Mar at Kaibo-info, cost, water taxi??

Rum Point BBQ has live music---a keyboard player who sings and his son who played a drum.

The Kaibo BBQ has a nice band called Bonafide.

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,604 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Luna del Mar at Kaibo-info, cost, water taxi??

There is live music at Rum Point only on Monday night for the BBQ. The regular restaurant is not open on that night.

Oakville, Ontario
Level Contributor
98 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Luna del Mar at Kaibo-info, cost, water taxi??

Thanks so much,

We just booked the red sail catamaran to rum point bbq on a Monday!! Received my confirmation and getting excited for my trip!! Thanks to everyone for your comments! :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,467 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Luna del Mar at Kaibo-info, cost, water taxi??

Enjoy the evening.......it will e memorable and fabulous!

Where else can you sail to and from dinner?

17. Re: Luna del Mar at Kaibo-info, cost, water taxi??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 04:20
Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman