Looking to finalize our trip and had some questions for the group. We are going with our two kids, 10 and under and staying at Marriott for one week. We normally love to rent cars and do a lot of exploring.
* Renting a car- Does it make sense to do it the entire week or just a couple of days? Either way, recommendations on car rental companies?
* Things to do- Definitely want to check out Rum point. What else should we see on the day we go there? Starfish beach? Blow holes? Outdoor restaurants? We have the list of days cruise ships are in. Only one or two days we are there will be crazy- 4 ships docked close by. We also want to do Stingray sand bar and incorporate it with some sort of snorkeling trip. Any thoughts on vendors? We are looking at Captain Marvins right now. Any other recommendations for things to do or beaches to see?
* Restaurants- Looking for some ideas close to Marriott or we could drive to. Have no problem going to bar type places with outdoor seating with views. Any thoughts, please let me know. With two kids, it is tough to have a great sit down meal, but would love to have thoughts on places where we could also check out. Lastly, any local style food recommendations?
* If we do not get a car for the entire stay, how good is the transportation system to get to Georgetown or West Bay, etc?
Thanks to all!
Save this Post
1st time in GC, Staying at Marriott- Need some advice
Feb 24, 2014, 6:14 PM
Going to GC in early April with family. Have two kids, ages 10 and 6. Staying at Marriott for 7 days.
* Should we rent a car? Thoughts on car rentals in GC? We like to explore and may go out to Rum Point. How far is RP from Marriott?
* Best option for snorkel/stingray city sandbar?
* Restaurant options for our family with two kids? Looking for outdoor local places or outdoor restaurants that are family friendly.
* Other activities to do while on trip?
* Beaches to visit/snorkel at? (we have our own gear)
I have been doing some research and wanted to see some ideas from some experts. Thanks, Bill