We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Review

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Review

Just a short trip review for the week of March 8-15'th, Spring Break. Seven of us went to GC for the Spring Break week. Most of us have been to GC almost a dozen times, but never during Spring Break, always in the summer. First thing that popped out to us was the hour and a half wait standing in line to get thru the Grand Cayman airport. They were nice handing out water bottles, but it was still not the usual quick experience. Stayed at Christopher Columbus penthouse unit which was exceptonal and on the not so crowded end of 7mb. Took an afternoon sting ray city tour expecting less crowds as the cruise ships were preparing to depart. Being Spring Break it was still really really crowded. Rented a paddleboard for the group two days during the week. Every one enjoyed it and they deliver to your condo and pick up later. Only recommendation is to go out a little farther and keep your legs off the bottom if you fall. One of our group landed on a Sea Urchin and had several barbs/points broken off in his ankle. Ouch, glad it was not me. We tried to go parasailing with the outfit called "Blue Water Beach" and got the run around "we'll call you back" all week long. Later they admitted that they now have a contract with the cruise ships and would not be available until late afternoon on weekdays. Wish they would have let me know that right off. Bottom line (in my opinion) don't wast your time waiting for them to decide if they want to take you parasailing, you are at the bottom of theirpriority list if your not on a cruise ship. To be honest we used them a few years back and had a great experience parasailing in the morning. Must have been before the cruise ship contract. Only ate out once or twice. Enjoyed an outside evening dinner at the Lobster Pot. Try the Wahoo, it was really good and of course the lobster is always a treat. Our trip was enjoyed by every one, but I recommend not going over Spring Break if you can avoid it...TPR

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
Level Contributor
3,955 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Review

TPR, thanks for your review - some very good comments, there. Should be useful for future travellers.

2. Re: Trip Review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman