We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condo Assistance

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
52 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Condo Assistance

I am considering visiting Grand Cayman this summer (flexible on the date) with my husband for my birthday and am at a loss on where we should stay. We are in our mid 30's and I'd like to rent a condo but hope to stay within the range of $150-250/night.

My desires are:

1. Condo

2. Near the Beach

3. Walking Distance to Restaurants

4. Not Overcrowded

Is Seven Mile Beach our only option?

It seems that all threads I read mention SMB, but it seems that accommodations are a lot more expensive in this area and I will have to increase our budget. I was considering other areas such as Cayman Kai, Rum Point, and East End because I found some reasonable condo rentals on VRBO but I have a feeling we won't be within walking distance of anything so that may not be the way to go. We have never been to GCM so I am unfamiliar with the island.

Any guidance or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,699 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condo Assistance

Yes, the "Restaurants within walking distance" requirement pretty much puts you on Seven Mile Beach. Staying in other areas you may end up within walking distance of one restaurant, but that would be it, unless you drive.

"Overcrowded" is a relative term of course, but I would suggest that no condo on SMB is going to be overcrowded, either in the complex or on the beach. The typical overcrowded parts of the beach are right in front of the major hotels, and the few places where the cruise ship folks go (Royal Palms, TIki beach and Public Beach).

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,869 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Condo Assistance

Have you checked out the summer splash specials?

www.caymanislands.ky/onlyincayman/home.aspx

Sunshine suites is well priced and you would be able to take the bus or get a cab if you needed to go somewhere.

Also look at harborview apartments....very reasonable...close to Georgetown

www.caymanislands.ky/onlyincayman/home.aspx

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,869 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Condo Assistance

Oops. Harbour view link is

http://www.harbourviewapartments.com

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
52 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Condo Assistance

Thank you for the information and guidance. I will take a look. Hopefully accomodations are available for my dates.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, Seven Mile Beach
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Condo Assistance

You should be able to stay in the range if you find a one bedroom through www.vrbo.com on Seven Mile Beach. One bedrooms can be found at London House, Cayman Reef and Villas of the Galleon. I'd also guess you should find good summer specials at Sunshine Suites, Comfort Suites or Grand Cayman Beach Suites.

caymanbeachgirl
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Condo Assistance

You could also check Caymanvacations.com for location and pricing

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
52 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Condo Assistance

Thank you everyone fo ryour suggestions. I have narrowed it down to

1. London House

2. Anchorage Condominiums

3. Silver Sands Condominiums

4. Grand Cayman Beach Suites

Are these all in acceptable areas of SMB? And which would you suggest and why?

They all are reasonably priced and I believe they are on SMB but I am sure those that have actually visited GCM may have additional unknown insight. Thanks again!

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,682 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Condo Assistance

All of these are directly on SMB. Beachsuites is located in " prime" area of central SMB where you can easily walk to many restaurants, Camana Bay, liquor and grocery stores for "treats" to keep in your unit. As a couple, husband I have happily stayed at Beachsuites several times. We, unless vacationing on GC with other family members find Beachsuites perfect. Love the added space vs a typical hotel room, handy kitchenette, other onsite amenities and for just the 2 of us do not need full kitchen or in unit laundry.

The others you mention are in the northern part of SMB which is very nice. You will need a rental car to get to restaurants, etc if staying at any of these. Not a long drive by any means, but not walk able.

9. Re: Condo Assistance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman