We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Running/jogging

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Running/jogging

We are staying at Grand Cayman Beach Suites and I will want to run (probably in the mornings). Is there a safe area to run from there? Safe as in not a lot of traffic or other concerns. Beach running isn't something I look to do...prefer an uncrowded sidewalk area, park or even street if safe.

Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Running/jogging

Here's a link to some jogging/walking/running routes:

walkjogrun.net/running-routes/…

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,993 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Running/jogging

My daughter has been running in that area for many years now and has never had a problem. She prefers to run on the road rather than the beach too. Lots of people will be out before work so you will have company. No worries.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,978 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Running/jogging

I often see folks running on the roadside. There are some very wide and flat shoulders there when there isn't a sidewalk, so you should be fine, and in good company.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,302 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Running/jogging

My husband runs from near the Beach Suites north (away from town) along West Bay Road towards the Public Beach. From there you can run on the new highway all the way to Batabano........quite a nice new roadway with super wide shoulders for running/biking.

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Running/jogging

thanks all

6. Re: Running/jogging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2015, 05:17