We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In and around Discovery Point Club

Seneca, South...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
In and around Discovery Point Club

Hi there! Heading to GC in less than a month. Our first trip and we're super excited. We are staying 2 weeks at a condo at Discovery Point Club. Can you tell me about it if you've stayed there? Are there places around within walking distance? (ie restaurants, clubs, stores, etc) I really didn't want to rent a car for two weeks as we'll only be traveling to other parts of the island a few times to go to places like Stingray City, etc., however, if there is nothing around this condo, perhaps I should rent a car. Five in our family - myself, my husband and our kids (22yo d, 13 yo s, 11yo s). Any recommendations are appreciated very much!

Seneca, South...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: In and around Discovery Point Club

SO, SO helpful. Thank you again!

Which tours / excursion companies were your favorite to get to Stingray City?

What time do the vans / buses stop running? This would be great to use for having a "night on the town" and not having to drive back to the condo - assuming they don't stop running early in the evening.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: In and around Discovery Point Club

The mini busses stop running along SMB corridor by 9 PM Sundays thru Thursdays, but run until 11 PM - 12 M Fridays & Saturdays and we have found they are not as frequent after 6 PM as during the daytime when the wait is seldom longer than 15-20 minutes. We have taken minibus to Georgetown restaurants for 6-7 PM dinner reservations but never had good luck using for return trip so ended up calling a taxi. The rate is 2.50 CI per person each way for the route we have taken which is reasonable for 2 people....not as reasonable for 5 people IMO. You can pay in US or CI and will receive change back in CI.

Edited: 19 May 2014, 13:51
White Marsh...
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: In and around Discovery Point Club

I stayed at Discovery Point Club last summer and loved it. If you like snorkeling, make sure you bring your snorkel gear. I found the snorkeling out front to be pretty good. I would highly recommend renting a car. For me it just made things very, very convenient. We used the car all the time to go to the grocery store, out to dinner every night, to all the different sites(Rum Point, Smith Cove, Eden Rock, Turtle Farm). We've(four of us) chartered a small boat twice with Seven Seas to go to Stingray City, Coral Gardens and Starfish Beach. It was awesome. They were great and provided great customer service. They are very reasonably priced as well. We also went on a tour with Captain Marvin's and liked them as well. Enjoy your trip.

ohio
Level Contributor
226 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: In and around Discovery Point Club

Hi. I agree that a car will enhance your trip. Just make sure you get a car with right hand drive. The jeeps are fun but difficult to drive with left hand drive on right hand drive roads! Remember to look both ways before you turn because we tend to only look left - you will get the hang of it quickly. Have fun

15. Re: In and around Discovery Point Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 07:16