We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current Wedding Venue Advice

Boston...
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Current Wedding Venue Advice

Hi All,

I will be getting married this upcoming January in Cayman and have done a fare bit of research in person (on a few trips a few years back), through friends (word of mouth) and on TA. I was interested to know expert opinions on the best current wedding venue options. We have a small deposit down at Grand Old House but I understand that they have changed the layout of the area used for weddings which could take away from the experience. I want to ensure that I get some second and third opinions on potential options.

Our guests will be staying in various condos, hotels in central SMB. Our total guest size should be about 80 people which should limit our options to a few select venues. We are not dead set on having a beach ceremony but would like a pretty setting where we could have the ceremony and reception on same premises immediately following. Great food is a nice to have. Please feel free to share your current advice on the offerings since most of what I read on the forum here is quite dated information (much of it is over/nearly 5 years old).

Thanks in advance for any help!

Suren

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,578 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current Wedding Venue Advice

Purely from a spectator's view, IMO the Caribbean Club would be my first choice, followed by Beach Suites.

GOH third. We saw a wedding there this spring.......they were in the gazebo which is set back from the water. But very pretty.

GC
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
650 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current Wedding Venue Advice

Pedro's Castle is nice

Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current Wedding Venue Advice

Here is the contact info for weddings at Pedro's Castle: http://www.pedrostjames.ky/html/weddings.html

Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
168 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Current Wedding Venue Advice

You could look at The White House in Bodden Town which just recently opened its doors for business. It has a large venue for indoor receptions, as well as the beach for outdoor weddings and receptions. Friends of ours were there for a wedding soon after it first opened and were very impressed by the food, service, and beauty of the place. I have only seen the outside of it, and can tell you that it looks to be meticulously maintained.

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,259 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Current Wedding Venue Advice

When you talk about the "White House", are you referring to Las Vegas Shorty's place next to the cemetery?

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,438 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Current Wedding Venue Advice

There are lots of lovely places however one thing to keep in mind is transporting all the guests. If they are staying in the SMB area you might think about having the wedding in that area. It would be best for people to take taxis etc and once you start going further afield, it will be very costly. Congratulations. Went to an awesome wedding last week on SMB and it was like a fairy tale, now that pictures are starting to roll in, I can see it was a fairy tale!

Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
168 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Current Wedding Venue Advice

Hi Northside Sue, this is the only link I could find for the White House:

https://www.facebook.com/WhiteHouseGCM. Is this the place you were referring to? Sounds like it may have an interesting backstory...

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
99 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Current Wedding Venue Advice

We were married last year (June 29th) at the GOH. They helped me arrange for transportation for all my guest to and from the wedding. I didn't want US drivers navigating the road especially after celebrating. Desiree, their wedding planner helped us arrange flowers "Every Blooming Thing", and at the recommendation of the florist we reviewed Massive Equipment Renta (Dara - www.massivegroup.com) l for the linens, lounge furniture, pillows, candles, dishes, etc. They were not who Desiree recommended (Celebrations) but we liked their attitude and selection better and they were less expensive. We also rented plants from a local nursery to enhance the ambiance. If you want that information, I'll be happy to look it up. For the most part we liked the GOH but there were some good things and some bad. The were doing some updating last summer after the wedding. We will be returning this summer and if you want, I'll be happy to let you know our thoughts on the updates.

There is a website http://www.crystalblueweddings.com/ that is no longer publishing new information but has pages and pages of weddings done in the Caymans so you might get a better idea of what is offered.

David Wolfe did the pictures of my wedding. He was fantastic.

We had about 30 people at the wedding and had our rehearsal dinner at Luca but given the number of teenagers and tweens attending decided on their sister restaurant, Ragazzi (loved it). If you would like to see some pictures of the wedding, let me know and I'll be happy to share.

Stamford...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Current Wedding Venue Advice

We just got back from our destination wedding about two weeks ago. Here are some suggestions/tips:

Venue: Do NOT do your wedding at The Westin - the event coordinator there is unresponsiveness and made the process incredibly stressful.

Hotel: We had everyone stay at The Westin which was great and there is a great diner across the street (Eats Café) that most ate at during the weekend.

Other Activities:

-We organized a private event at the West Indies Wine Company (wine shop) in Camana Bay and it was great! Brandon, the manager, was super helpful and organized a great evening of wine and appetizers for our guests.

-We also organized a Red Sail Sports excursion to Sting Ray City, which I highly recommend and all of our guests said it was an awesome and unique experience.

-If you have a smaller group arriving early, as we did, we did a dinner on the patio at Calypso Grill which was fantastic!

Planner: Celebrations was GREAT!

Photographer: Rebecca Davidson (from Picture This), in my opinion, is the best photographer on the island. Her team is amazing and she's SUPER easy to work with and got some AMAZING shots.

Videographer: If you are thinking about hiring a videographer I would suggest Picture This' Jason (I'm forgetting his last name) - the videos he produces are AMAZING! You must wait a while to get them but I think they are SO worth it. He's pretty quite and shy but he is a creative genius.

Best of luck, enjoy every minute and Cayman is a BEAUTIFUL place for a destination wedding!

10. Re: Current Wedding Venue Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2015, 05:15