We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping for tropical dress and shirt?

Level Contributor
394 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
shopping for tropical dress and shirt?

As I mentioned in previous forum posts, my husband and I are going to Grand Cayman later this summer and will be renewing our wedding vows on the beach. We're still hunting for the right clothes to wear...something breezy and somewhat casual but not too casual. I've been looking at tropical dresses, but many of them ship from Hawaii and are made much smaller than normal sizes, so getting the right size could cost me a lot in return shipping! I'm going to check out Tommy Bahama's store 90 minutes from me, but I'd actually really love to find something to wear in Grand Cayman. I will bring something from the U.S. regardless, to make sure we have something suitable to wear, but are there any stores that sell nice island clothing down there?

Thanks!

Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
168 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: shopping for tropical dress and shirt?

There are several nice shops at Camana Bay; here is the link to the store listings:

www.camanabay.com/the-town/shop/…

You may also want to check out the shops at the Ritz Carlton and possibly the Westin.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shopping for tropical dress and shirt?

I would suggest that you invest some time in searching online. Why go to a TB store when you can find the entire product line online? If you know your size, have it delivered right to your door and if necessary, just return it

Personally, while the idea of shopping on the island sounds romantic, I would prefer to bring my clothes with me.

Level Contributor
394 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shopping for tropical dress and shirt?

I am between sizes and I have found that a lot of clothes look one way online and another when you see them in person. I like about 6 different dresses on TB's Web site but I really need to try them on to see how they fit, what the material is like, etc. I am planning to bring something I'd be happy with, but I like supporting the local economy too.

Thanks for the tips, JerseyGirl!

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, Seven Mile Beach
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: shopping for tropical dress and shirt?

There is a great store downtown called Arabus which carries nice linen dresses and menswear as well.

Level Contributor
394 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shopping for tropical dress and shirt?

Awesome, thank you!

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,446 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shopping for tropical dress and shirt?

I second Camana Bay. Lots of great shops for men and women. Funky Monkey at Governors Square also has some nice things as well as the shop at the Beachsuites right on the corner as you head down to the beach.

Level Contributor
394 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: shopping for tropical dress and shirt?

Thanks!

8. Re: shopping for tropical dress and shirt?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2015, 06:16