We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first night dinner.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
first night dinner.

I'll be arriving June 30th.. after we get settled in and grocery shop.. I'd like to go out to dinner. IDC how expensive it is.. I just want to be able to see the sunset on the ocean.. it'll prolly be the only time we have a nice dinner so I'd like to do it the first night.. recommendations on all your absolutly favorite places with the best ocean sunset view!

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,259 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: first night dinner.

Where are you staying?

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
Level Contributor
4,147 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first night dinner.

Based on your other posts, I think you are somewhere near Seven Mile Beach.

You say you'd like a "nice dinner" with an ocean sunset view. That would pretty much limit you to the west shore of the island (would have said Grand Old House, just south of George Town, but not sure about the sunsets there.

Check out Tiki Beach. Has one of the better views, since it's right on the beach, and the food is good.

You can check out details on Caymangoodtaste.com to get menus and prices, to see if this (or other suggestions) fit the bill for you.

Remember that in the summer, the sun sets a lot earlier than you are probably used to at home.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: first night dinner.

I'm staying at treasure island.. and tiki beach was definetly one of my places to go

Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first night dinner.

You can find info about the times for sunrise and sunset (along with low and high tides) on the Cayman Islands National Weather Service page: www.weather.gov.ky/portal/page…

From the Home page, go to Forecast link at the top and then click on Sun and Tide Tables on the left.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,579 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first night dinner.

I'll second the idea about Tiki Beach, because it's low key, toes in the sand kind of place. Recognize that you will be exhausted on that first night. No matter where you start out that day, you will have been up way too early, then had stress from travelling. We always plan on a light dinner, go to bed super early, then are really ready to start having fun on Day #2.

6. Re: first night dinner.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2015, 07:16