We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Day 1 and 2

Level Contributor
633 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report Day 1 and 2

We arrived Monday after a 2 1/2 hour delay on the tarmac in Charlotte due to bad weather. Easy flight and pleasantly surprised by the updated airport, ease of collecting our rental car, and great roads. We arrived at our condo, Coral Stone Club, and were a bit shocked at the very blue color which seemed at bit "60's to us. Our condo, however, is quite nice, very clean, and well equipped with a great view. It was after 4 when we arrived and the sun was intense shining on our west facing balcony. Their was no movement of air so very very hot. We opted to grab a few staples at Foster's and the liquor store. I was surprised that grocery prices were not as bad as I had expected. Refreshed by a rum punch, we headed into the ocean and floated for a couple of hours before cooking a simple dinner. This morning we headed out to the beautiful turquoise water early, and tried a bit of snorkeling from our condo. We had no expectation, so were pleasantly surprised when my husband spotted a huge sea turtle off the Ritz, and several schools of fish. After lunch we walked the very short distance to the Westin and snorkeled out from the Governor's Palace. There was not much coral (again as expected), but we saw some beautiful fish and took wonderful photos. Many schools of fish swam with us, hoping I believe that we would feed them. We do not feed the fish, but I admit it was fun having them accompany us. My husband saw a 5 foot long fish that was not a shark. After a long a full day in the sun and sea, we headed to Macabuca for dinner, sitting waterfront just in time to catch the sunset. Great first full day on the island. Snorkeling with Ocean Frontiers tomorrow :)

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,342 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Trip Report Day 1 and 2

Lantana, yes people dressed to go there. After Lantana closed, PD's pub moved into the spot temporarily while rebuilding after a fire but not for very long.

12. Re: Trip Report Day 1 and 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 05:16