We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sept. 13-21, what will be closed?

Osage Beach...
Level Contributor
266 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Sept. 13-21, what will be closed?

I've made a note of Hemingway's being closed as well as the Red Sail "free" trip to Rum Point. Is there a website that lists any other closings? I don't want to waste time planning to go somewhere only to find them closed.

Thanks so much!

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,660 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sept. 13-21, what will be closed?

Not really a website. Many restaurants and bars close to give staff holidays and do renovations. There are drink the bar dry parties and the closer you get to the end of the month the more closings there will be. Also many dive ops, charter boats etcetera also give staff off or go away themselves so if it is a small company they may be closed completely. Just call before you go. September is a lovely time on the island and you will find many places are business as usual.

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sept. 13-21, what will be closed?

here's a list from Cayman Goodtaste

www.caymangoodtaste.com/pagecategory.asp…

Oops...that was a list for 2013.....but it may give you an idea of the closings for this year. call to check

Edited: 11 August 2014, 17:25
Crowley, Texas
Level Contributor
344 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sept. 13-21, what will be closed?

Hmmmm. That Caymangoodtaste list of closings seems to be a 2013 list. I wonder if there is an updated list anywhere?

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,976 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sept. 13-21, what will be closed?

I just checked, caymangoodtaste has not yet listed the 2014 restaurant closings but our experience is that it is pretty much the same each year.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
6,337 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sept. 13-21, what will be closed?

This is low season so you shouldn't need to worry about reservations. My advice is that, if there's somewhere in particular you'd like to go, call them directly and find out when they'll be closed. The good news is that the beach is always open!

Crowley, Texas
Level Contributor
344 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sept. 13-21, what will be closed?

Just checked Grand Old House web site, and they will be closed Aug 31 thru Oct 6 this year. We will be in GC thru the 31st, so this was important to us. Last year, they closed on the 25th.

Osage Beach...
Level Contributor
266 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sept. 13-21, what will be closed?

Thanks everyone! Great tips/advice.

caymanshellie: Thanks for the list. That will be a good reference even if it's never updated.

smushie: You are so right. I'm coming for the beach so anything else is just icing. :)

8. Re: Sept. 13-21, what will be closed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 August 2014, 19:23
Edited: 11 August 2014, 19:23
chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sept. 13-21, what will be closed?

I contacted Cayman Good Taste. they are in the process of updating the list of restaurants that will have summer/fall closures. It should be on their website Monday.

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sept. 13-21, what will be closed?

Here is the link to the 2014 closures

caymangoodtaste.com/restaurants-closed-for-s…