We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Could this Hertz Price be real

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
Could this Hertz Price be real

I booked a week in April for half the price of Andy's and 1/3 of the price of McCurley's. Is this too good to be true???

Kay

Macedonia, Ohio
Level Contributor
21 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Could this Hertz Price be real

Hi Kay64. I am booking a Hertz car also for my vacation in December. I was shocked at the price. I paid probably double what the cost 2 years ago, than what I have been quoted today. I called Hertz, and spoke to their customer service, and the agent confirmed what I saw online. He even advised the price would be honored if for some reason their was a glitch. Happy Travels.

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,294 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Could this Hertz Price be real

I went online just now and booked 4 days this January for $9 a day,total $68US,crazy

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3,874 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Could this Hertz Price be real

Looked at 8 days in November. $9/day. Taxes were more than the rental, bringing the total to $127. For the dates I checked, this was for their smallest car, a Kia Picanto.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Could this Hertz Price be real

A week in September was $95 with Hertz for a Kia Picanto or $75 with Avis for a Suzuki SX4, a larger vehicle. Since I exclusively rent with Hertz worldwide, I went with them but either rate would have been a no-brainer. It's not a busy time and prices are aggressively reduced to draw people in, a nice situation for renters

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,787 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Could this Hertz Price be real

I almost always use Hertz. Just rented for 6 days in November. Total cost $120. Nice surprise. Small vehicle, but that is fine for the 2 of us when in GC!

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,294 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Could this Hertz Price be real

With this crazy low price does anyone think the rental desk will be backed up on a Saturday afternoon arrival?

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Could this Hertz Price be real

Thanks for all the replies. My price was $110 for a week mid-April, and $20 for the license. That's the best price I've had in years, in one of the most expensive places I'll have been to!!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
179 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Could this Hertz Price be real

Kay64 - Just booked with Hertz today for a full week, Economy car (just the two of us) last week of September, first week of October for $33!!! by using a coupon code - taxes and fees brought everything to $89, so I am quite happy :)

Didn't want to post the coupon code in case it was a TA violation.....

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,294 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Could this Hertz Price be real

Bermudabarb, could you pm the code please?

Adelanto, California
Level Contributor
55 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Could this Hertz Price be real

Just canceled my first reservation and re booked $110 for the week with all taxes