We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timers

Scranton...
2 posts
Save Topic
First timers

We love negril 7 mile beach but are looking for a change. Thinking cayman islands but would like some advise. We prefer not to do all inclusive. I bring my fishing pole, so it would be nice to be close to somewhere I can cast a line. We also love to snorkel. But a calm beach is the number one reason we pick a place to stay. Any thoughts?

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First timers

If you could provide a little more info - when you'd be traveling; who'd be traveling (couple or family); budget; preference for proximity to restaurants and shops (walking distance versus needing a car); hotel versus a condo - forum members can provide better recommendations.

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,634 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First timers

Most places in Cayman are condos right along the beach...definitely not an all inclusive island. All fishing from shore is catch and release. Condos are numerous. Do you want to stay in the thick of things or do you prefer more isolated locations?

Scranton...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First timers

It's just myself and my wife. Needs to be on the beach. Prefer to walk to dinner but not necessary. Mid February is when we will be going. We prefer quiet. Thanks

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,634 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First timers

In the central SMB area you would be able to walk to restaurants. .

check caymanvacations.com for condos. They will all be on the beach. The smaller the complex the quieter it will be. All will be mich quieter than a hotel and cruisers and others cannot come and use the condo chairs and facilities.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First timers

Keep in mind that mid-February is winter break for most schools in the Northeast. As others have said, condos will be quieter than hotels, but at that time of the year you will likely experience more families than you would at other times during the winter (Christmas of course being another busy time). Also, if you haven't already started looking into flights, I would. You may find many are already booked and/or prices very high due to the supply and demand. Many people who travel at this time of the year because of school break will already have reserved their airline seats.

6. Re: First timers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2015, 05:17