We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caribbean cruise

Murrieta, California
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Caribbean cruise

I want to book a cruise for December but I'm having difficulty finding out if many of the ports are in good shape after the storms. Is there a website that addresses this or can anyone tell me if Nassau in the Bahamas, Falmouth Jamaica, Georgetown came in, and Great Stirrup Cay Bahamas are good to go?

17 replies to this topic
Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,092 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caribbean cruise

The Cayman Islands have been spared so far.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
6,491 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caribbean cruise

www.cruisecritic.com

Many have reported that St Thomas, and St Martin are not operating.

B.

Edited: 23 October 2017, 14:28
Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caribbean cruise

Really, your best resource is the cruise lines themselves. They will know when the effected destinations will be accepting cruise ships, and can alert you to re-routed itineraries.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3,327 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caribbean cruise

I am booked for a cruise with all of the ports you have listed, my original ports were St Thomas and Tortola but the cruise ship moved us to Nassau, Falmouth and Grand Cayman.

Our original ports were St Thomas and Tortola which suffered terrible damage from the hurricanes.

From what I have read the new ports we are heading to hand little or no damage from the hurricanes.

Canonsburg...
Level Contributor
64 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caribbean cruise

The cruise line may not be forthcoming with the status of the port as they want to sell cruises. From what I understand if a port is not open, the cruise line generally substitutes a port. If this matters to you, dig around on the internet or at sites like cruise critic and vacations to go. Cruise critic has boards, specific to cruise areas, that you can question the cruising community.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
8,889 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Caribbean cruise

"Cruise critic has boards, specific to cruise areas, that you can question the cruising community."

That's awesome! If I were ever to go on a cruise, I would definitely use that site to find any information I needed.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
6,491 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Caribbean cruise

You mean www.cruisecritic.com ?

Never heard of it.

B.

Edited: 26 October 2017, 21:42
Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,557 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Caribbean cruise

lol

9. Re: Caribbean cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 October 2017, 01:05

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,799 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Caribbean cruise

Krista they were not bashing your post. They are saying thats where cruisers should look. We have said it hundreds of times and no one ever listens. Perhaps your post will carry more weight :)

Reply to: Caribbean cruise
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted