We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from airport to Georgetown?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
51 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from airport to Georgetown?

I was recently told that you will now pay for your taxi at the airport before you actually get in the cab vs paying for the taxi once you get to your destination. Is this true? Does anyone know the cost for a taxi to Georgetown area from airport? Thanks!

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,255 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from airport to Georgetown?

Taxi fare from the airport to the Georgetown area should run about $15.00, no more than $20.00. I am not aware of the change from paying at your destination vs. paying up front, but things change. Either way, you will be charged the same pre-set rate from point "A" to point "B" unless you ask the driver to make a stop along the way. Was your information source a reliable one?

Edited: 24 March 2010, 23:05
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
51 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from airport to Georgetown?

Well, they are actually the ones we are renting a condo from. She was down there in January and February and said things have changed. I would like to believe she's a good source.

The last time we were there (2 years ago) I had a taxi driver tell me that it was $6.00 or $9.00 to get in the cab regardless of the distance. We took a cab to the new book store/movie theatre area and it was 1 price. We took another cab back but didn't go nearly as far (only like 5 blocks) and this was when he told us there was a flat rate just to get in the cab. I think I was "taken for a ride" on that one!

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from airport to Georgetown?

My experience was during the first week of March and didn't have to pay for my ride until I reached my destinationairport to SMB). The cab driver had a sheet of prices(just as in past years) and gave the pricing when we exited the vehicle. We could get it in both CI and US.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
51 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from airport to Georgetown?

Works for me. I just thought I'd see what others had to say. We'll see next week! Thank you!

5. Re: Taxi from airport to Georgetown?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2010, 07:17